Windows 10: I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

Discus and support I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Al-Zamar McKinney, Jan 27, 2023.

1. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into the search bar, I cannot use ctrl + x to cut any text and paste it. How do I fix this?This problem has only started when I switched to windows 11.

:)

Al-Zamar McKinney, Jan 27, 2023
  2. SamR0528 Win User

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Cut Shortcut Key not ctrl +x but ctrl + window logo + x

Hi I'm recently found out that my cut shortcut key has been changed from ctrl + x to ctrl + window logo + x.

It's very annoying, I've been searching solutions for hours and there's no answer to it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks.

KelvinWoo1, Jan 27, 2023
  4. mayankx Win User

I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

How do I select and copy paste text from sms or email?

Thanks for your reply but the following shortcuts dont work on nokia e-5 when i select text and try to copy while composing an sms or email

General shortcuts

• Ctrl + C - Copy text.
    • Ctrl + V - Paste text.
    • Ctrl + X - Cut text.
    • Ctrl + A - Select all.

mayankx, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

1. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet - Similar Threads - can't ctrl cut

2. Why can't I use ANY of the text based stuff on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use ANY of the text based stuff on my PC?: Like, I can't use search box, search in settings and stuff like that. I tried to fix it but no hope, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-any-of-the-text-based-stuff-on-my/80fd3bef-385b-4db8-a33d-74604a71b6f4
  3. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  4. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  5. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet: Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into the search bar, I cannot use ctrl + x to cut any text and paste it. How do I fix this?This problem has only started when I...
  6. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  7. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  8. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.: For a while now my Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V shortcuts for copy, cut, and paste have not been working. I can still right click with the mouse to use these function and other Ctrl functions such as Ctrl + A still work. I have tried updating my version of windows,...
  10. Ctrl+X Cut was a lie. Removed all my documents...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+X Cut was a lie. Removed all my documents...: Hello. I know control copy is safest method. However... Once in a while control copy doesnt copy all files for some reason. I started using Control Cut. I trusted it too much... I transfered my documents to external hard drive. It looked all clean. My idea was to get...