Windows 10: I can't use extended resolution by two monitor after last window update

Discus and support I can't use extended resolution by two monitor after last window update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After last window update, i have problem I use two monitor by DP cable to GPU. i was use two monitor but after last window update i can't use both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HanLee7, Feb 13, 2020.

1. HanLee7 Win User

I can't use extended resolution by two monitor after last window update

After last window update, i have problem

I use two monitor by DP cable to GPU.

i was use two monitor but after last window update i can't use both monitor.

i try disconnect one of monitor and then reboot window i can see my monitor

but, after reconnect sub-monitor i can't see both monitor

so, after last window update forced i use only one monitor

i try change version or restore system return to the before late update

i can use both monitor extended resolution

according to update log, KB4537759 and KB4532693

help me

:)

HanLee7, Feb 13, 2020
  2. L33_01 Win User

Unable to extend monitor display

Hi Jay Jap,

thanks again for your reply.

I checked the screen resolution settings through windows and then through the Nvidia graphics cards.

Windows detected both monitors but Nvidia settings didn't.

I downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers again and it's working fine. Simple solution, not sure why I had to install the drivers again? But thanks for your help, your suggestion to check if the monitors were being detected prompted me that it had to
    be a graphics card issue.

L33_01, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitors Extended

Hi Julia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check with the article created by Karthick Vengaloor
    and see if it helps.

Windows 8.1 Extend dual monitor and resolution issue after update

And for a work around please go through the below article for further information.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

I hope the information helps. If not, reply back with the details and updated status. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Unable to extend monitor display

Thank you for the information L L33_01. I would like to know more information so that we can pinpoint the cause of the problem:

• May I know what kind of connection are you using(HDMI, VGA, etc.)?
    • If you go to the Screen resolution settings, does it detect two monitors?
    • Also, since the other screen is blank, does it have an error message?

If the connection worked before you perform you reinstall Windows 7, then let us try to clear the multiple monitor configuration of your monitors, and then extend your display by changing your display settings. Here's how:

1. Press Win + R to open a run box.
    2. In the Run box, type regedit, and then click
      OK.
    3. Locate the following registry subkey:
    4. Depending on your machine, it is either: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MobilePC\TMM or
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM
    5. Right-click the subkey, then, click Delete.
    6. When you are prompted to confirm the delete operation, click Yes.
    7. Exit the Registry Editor and reboot your machine.

Once you are back in, try to perform these steps to extend your display:

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button ,
      Control Panel
      , and then, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    2. Click the drop-down list next to Multiple displays, click Extend these displays, and then click
      OK.

Note: The manual troubleshooting steps above tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to this
    article.

Keep us updated.

Jay Jap, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't use extended resolution by two monitor after last window update - Similar Threads - can't extended resolution

2. After updating Windows 11 last update, the Ultrawide monitor resolution is not supported....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating Windows 11 last update, the Ultrawide monitor resolution is not supported....: This happened last year as well, and during the next update, it was automatically fixed. However, it has occurred once again. ????????????????After installing the latest Windows update, I noticed that my Ultrawide monitor's resolution is no longer being supported properly....
  3. After updating Windows 11 last update, the Ultrawide monitor resolution is not supported....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating Windows 11 last update, the Ultrawide monitor resolution is not supported....: This happened last year as well, and during the next update, it was automatically fixed. However, it has occurred once again. ????????????????After installing the latest Windows update, I noticed that my Ultrawide monitor's resolution is no longer being supported properly....
  4. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  5. Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use an extended background for 3 monitors with different resolutions.: I wonder if there is a possibility to use an extended image for 3 monitors? Here in my case they are: 2 x Dell UltraSharp 24 "U2419H 1 x LG 32 "4K UK 550. I use the two Dell below with maximum resolution of 1920x1080 and the LG on top of it with 3840x2160 resolution. As a...
  6. After the last windows update, I can't use the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After the last windows update, I can't use the internet: On 11/9/2020, I downloaded the last windows update, then when I started the system at normal boot there was no internet connection and the message "Err_connection_aborted" appeared in browser, however notifications continued to appear normally as if the internet connection...
  7. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.: Hi, I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well except that one screen image (which is attached through the USB inlet using an adapter) is a little more compressed than the...
  8. Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution using multiple monitors (ie 2 ) for an extended image.: Hi, I have attached 2 monitors to my laptop so I can extend the image. The two added monitors are identical model HP 24 inch. They work really well except that one screen image (which is attached through the USB inlet using an adapter) is a little more compressed than the...
  9. monitor resolution problem in resalt of last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    monitor resolution problem in resalt of last update.: in resalt of last update at 21.07.19 monitor resolution decresed till 1024x768. There is not other option (except 800 x600). There is not points for system recovery. If I attempt to update the monitor driver windows responds that driver is already best of available....
  10. After last Windows 10 update Ultra-Wide monitor resolution disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After last Windows 10 update Ultra-Wide monitor resolution disappeared: Hi, I am using a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and Ultra-Wide monitor (2560 x 1080 @ 60 Hz). After the last Windows update, this resolution disappeared from the dropdown with resolutions and I am unable to restore it. The problem was similar after the previous update of...