Windows 10: I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive

Discus and support I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello. OS Build: 19042.572 (20H2) Tried both Samsung's and Microsoft's NVMe Drivers I am the owner of Samsung 970 Evo 250GB SSD, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EZPC1, Nov 10, 2020.

1. /u/EZPC1 Win User

I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive

I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive pzQV_GiRf8vE4zW138r2HfIwF679TpiH0hedunbe8GY.jpg

Hello.

OS Build: 19042.572 (20H2)
    Tried both Samsung's and Microsoft's NVMe Drivers

I am the owner of Samsung 970 Evo 250GB SSD, which is set to "Ready to enable" encryption state inside Samsung Magician software, therefore, while I'm trying to enable BitLocker (I've already change group policy to force hardware encryption) it results in the following error:

https://preview.redd.it/lws62lit1fy...bp&s=f84c2c97a5e5dcd91564fa9eabc822cba47d46de

https://preview.redd.it/smx86rns1fy...bp&s=8d7172af5fde768ee6b3d42190c080a682af90ed

submitted by /u/EZPC1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EZPC1, Nov 10, 2020

2. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 10, 2020
  3. ahmd Win User
    SSD to support hardware based full disk encryption via BitLocker?

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to build a new desktop PC and I'm wondering if you can
    suggest which SSD (and motherboard) do I need to purchase to have it
    support hardware based full disk encryption with Windows 10 via
    BitLocker?

I'm currently settling on Intel Core i9-7900X Skylake-X 10-Core 3.3
    GHz CPU that has to go into the Intel X299 Chipset motherboard.

So I was checking, for instance "Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD".

But will it support hardware based full disk encryption? And if no, which one will? I'm looking for faster M.2 drives.

4. I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive

1. I can't use hardware BitLocker encryption while I'm using a supported drive - Similar Threads - can't hardware BitLocker

2. Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker drive encryption can't be used because of missing system files...: Hi everyone,2 days ago i seen that my c drive just has 8gb free space so i exteneded it to have more free space.I tried to do it with windows disk management but i could not because of error:"Bitlocker drive encryption can not used bacause of missing or corrupted system...
  3. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  4. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  5. Encrypted using bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Help with using a bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with using a bitlocker encrypted drive: I was moving to a new laptop my new laptop shipped with windows 10 home single lanuage. meanwhile my old laptop was running windows 7 ultimate and had bitlocker drive encryption so,can i plug in the harddrive from the old laptop using a external harddrive enclosure and access...
  7. Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?

Bitlocker - What types of Hardware Encryption can it use?: Hello Windows Support Team, When I run at powershell "manage-bde -status" I see one drive with "Encryption Method: Hardware Encryption - 1.3.111.2.1619.0.1.2" Is it eDrive, Opal 2.0, or other? How can I tell what HW encryption is being used? This is a data drive. Do you...
  8. How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on

How to change to use hardware encryption or use bitlocker protection on: My new dell notebook default use bitlocker but mamage-bde status show protection is off then i change to use hardware encryption in gpedit fixed drive but manage-bde Show no hardware emcryption word, it seems still using software encryption and i had used specified...
  9. Accessing the files while encrypting a drive using Bitlocker

Accessing the files while encrypting a drive using Bitlocker: Hello there, If I'm encrypting a drive using Bitlocker but some folders in the same drive are locked using a third party software Folder Locker Then what the whole drive be encrypted by Bitlocker and will ignore the privileges of that third party software OR what this...
  10. BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?

BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?: I tried several times to encrypt the entire disk after reinstalling Windows 10 but it always took for ever (usually 10 hours) to fully encrypt my internal 320GB drive. I managed to run bitlocker successfully by encrypting only used space. My question is should I run...