Windows 10: I can't use my computer properly

Discus and support I can't use my computer properly in Cortana to solve the problem; I've had to reset my whole pc because of an issue that I still have even after the reset, I can't type in the Cortana search bar, it just closes when... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HarryDutton, May 1, 2020.

1. I can't use my computer properly

I've had to reset my whole pc because of an issue that I still have even after the reset,

I can't type in the Cortana search bar, it just closes when ever I type in it

I can't right click in anything that isn't my desktop/homescreen

Even in Edge I can't type in the address bar it just deletes the typed characters and doesn't work

the only way I've been able to search is with the search box that's normally in the middle of search engines

I'm not sure how It happened I was on YouTube and then I tried to search for a game in the search bar and it wouldn't open, I couldn't find out what was wrong with my pc so I decided to reset it and it still didn't work

:)

HarryDutton, May 1, 2020

2. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 1, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't use my computer properly :cool:

jmcslob, May 1, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't use my computer properly

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, May 1, 2020
Thema:

I can't use my computer properly

1. I can't use my computer properly - Similar Threads - can't computer properly

2. Why can't I use my computer properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use my computer properly: I recently built a computer and it was fine until I downloaded my graphics card drivers and now everything I click says not responding and I can't do anything on the computer....
  3. Why can't I use my computer properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use my computer properly: I recently built a computer and it was fine until I downloaded my graphics card drivers and now everything I click says not responding and I can't do anything on the computer....
  4. Can not use my computer properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not use my computer properly: I updated my computer last night and my one drive is not working now. I can’t login and all my files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-use-my-computer-properly/13fa289e-6b93-4954-b7ae-2dbe32b69064
  5. Can not use my computer properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not use my computer properly: I updated my computer last night and my one drive is not working now. I can’t login and all my files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-use-my-computer-properly/13fa289e-6b93-4954-b7ae-2dbe32b69064
  6. Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Protection expired and now I can't use my computer.: I logged into my account on my computer and the only thing on the screen was an alert that my computer virus protection has expired and I need to update it. The rest of the screen was black. I clicked restore and it brought me to Microsoft Edge which isn't my default search...
  7. I can't use my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't use my computer.: For some reason ever since I reset my computer, I haven't been able to efficiently use it. For some reason nothing works unless I press right click on mouse or do (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and press cancel it works for a few seconds then stops again. Also for some reason my computer...
  8. I used Disk Cleanup and now my computer isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I used Disk Cleanup and now my computer isn't working properly: I ran out of space on my laptop (Windows 10 at the moment) so decided to delete my unnecessary files/photos/apps. etc but I accidentally clicked Disk Cleanup on Windows which wiped every last thing from my laptop. This is not the worst as I had my most important files on...
  9. I can't use my PC properly. Multiple problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use my PC properly. Multiple problems: Today I downloaded optifine for my minecraft, but since it didn't work at first I uninstalled it and reinstalled after watching a video about it. After that I started to get errors. Since minecraft is somewhat related with java I couldn't start discord,teamspeak,minecraft...
  10. can't use my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't use my computer: Downloaded free windows10, somehow the password for windows got corrupted and I can't log on. I am presently using my old lap top with windows 7. The logon has shut me out and suggest that I go to (account.live.com),which I can't do because I am locked out. I know this is...