Windows 10: I can't use my headset's mic

Discus and support I can't use my headset's mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started having this issue since yesterday, I can't use my headset mic for some reason. I went to the Recording Tab in the Sound Control Panel, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by helloimrivulet, Oct 26, 2020.

1. I can't use my headset's mic

I started having this issue since yesterday, I can't use my headset mic for some reason. I went to the Recording Tab in the Sound Control Panel, but it isn't there.

Then I go to Device Manager, I click on "Show hidden devices" and THERE'S my mic on the Audio inputs and outputs section. But here's the thing. I can't enable it in any way, I can only just click on "Update Driver" apparently the best driver is already installed or "Uninstall device".

There's two devices in the Manager, it's basically

*insert my mic's name here* High Definiton Audio Device, and

*insert my mic's name here again* Realtek High Definition Audio

I have absolutely no idea what I should do, should I uninstall one of those devices and then reinstall? If that is even possible?

Should I install a software to fix any possible errors?

:)

helloimrivulet, Oct 26, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Oct 26, 2020
  4. I can't use my headset's mic

Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

I can't use my headset's mic

1. I can't use my headset's mic - Similar Threads - can't headset's mic

2. I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.: I recently bought a gaming laptop-Acer Nitro 5 and it just identifies the headset but I can't choose my headset's mic because the option is not there. I tried so many things, the control panel, etc. .... and it's still not working, however, it worked perfectly fine on my old...
  3. I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.: I recently bought a gaming laptop-Acer Nitro 5 and it just identifies the headset but I can't choose my headset's mic because the option is not there. I tried so many things, the control panel, etc. .... and it's still not working, however, it worked perfectly fine on my old...
  4. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  5. I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic

I want to use my laptops mic instead of my headsets mic: I want to use my laptops internal mic but everytime i plug in my headset, it wont let me use my internal mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-laptops-mic-instead-of-my/4dfadd02-505f-48d7-9526-4068299810ce
  6. I want to use only my headset mic, not my laptop's mic array

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use only my headset mic, not my laptop's mic array: I purchased a Razer Kraken X Headset during Cyber Monday and it thankfully came in yesterday. Unfortunately, when I tried connecting my headset, my laptop only recognized the output audio and not the input. When looking into it, I noticed that the only mic that it detected...
  7. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  8. I cant use my headset mic

I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  9. Can't configure headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't configure headset mic: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working...
  10. How to use headset with mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use headset with mic: i just bought a headset which has a built in mic (one you can plug and unplug from the left earcup) and i can't figure out how to use it. i plug it into one audio jack and i only get the audio (not the mic) another one, and i get the mic and not the audio. am i being stupid?...