Windows 10: I cant use my headsets microphone

Discus and support I cant use my headsets microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I try to use my headset on my laptop, but it never even picks up that my headset has a mic (which it does). I still hear audio on the headset, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dustie-GD, Jun 25, 2020.

1. I cant use my headsets microphone

I try to use my headset on my laptop, but it never even picks up that my headset has a mic (which it does). I still hear audio on the headset, and I could use the headset earlier today. It's so frustrating

submitted by /u/Dustie-GD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dustie-GD, Jun 25, 2020

2. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, Jun 25, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

I cant use my headsets microphone

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I cant use my headsets microphone :p

cadaveca, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

I cant use my headsets microphone

1. I cant use my headsets microphone - Similar Threads - cant headsets microphone

2. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  3. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?: I'm not very tech savvy but i'd like to figure out if i can use ONLY the microphone on my headset, I'd like the audio to still come out of my laptop. My laptops built in microphone doesn't work very well. I could just wear the headset but it hurts my head after awhile.I've...
  4. Is it possible to use only the microphone on my headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  6. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  7. Headset detected as speakers, therefore cant use microphone ?

Headset detected as speakers, therefore cant use microphone ?: I recently bought the razer kraken headset, audio is all well and stuff, i plugged it in the back in the red and green jacks. The thing is, the mic doesn't work? Is that something I can fix? The PC detects the headset as speakers, so it doesn't show in the mic options..Please...
  8. Cant use headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use headset microphone.: When i plug in my headsets my pc doesnt see the input device. It sees the output but it doesnt see the mic. I dont know how i can fix this. Help please. submitted by /u/DaffierLime [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't use the microphone with my headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use the microphone with my headset: Hello all, recently I bought a new headset with a built in microphone. But the headset seems to be working fine and I can hear things. But the microphone itself doesn't seem to be getting detected. I tried this with 3 different headsets so I think it's a driver issue? I'm not...
  10. Microphone on my headset

Microphone on my headset: The mic on my headset seems to not be recognized by my computer. My headset is a brand new Razer Kraken that plugs into a thx surround sound device which goes into my computer via usb. I have tried all troubleshoots and have set it to default in my computer....