Windows 10: I can't use my high performance GPU

Discus and support I can't use my high performance GPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a laptop, there are 2 video cards, external and internal, external Nvidia GT540M and internal, Intel Hd 3000. I couldn't use my GT540M graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HalifeTURAN, Apr 16, 2021.

1. I can't use my high performance GPU

I use a laptop, there are 2 video cards, external and internal, external Nvidia GT540M and internal, Intel Hd 3000. I couldn't use my GT540M graphics card, it shows Intel's graphics card as my high performance graphics card. My GT540M graphics card is shown as working properly but I cannot use it. I was try delete drivers with DDU and set up again. Im use the lastet version Windows. How can i fix this?

:)

HalifeTURAN, Apr 16, 2021

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

A few weeks ago my Windows experience began to severely degrade. Moving Windows around is laggy and jerk and you can see even text entry is delayed. Using Task Manager shows that my GPU is between 80% and 100%. All other metrics are low - CPU, network,
    memory and disk. The issue is usually exacerbated when using a browser - Edge, Firefox and Chrome all behave in a similar manner.
    When quitting the brower, the issue remains. I'm curently running one app (Evernote) and the GPU is at 100%
    The PC was running well aand I didn't install or update anything special to trigger the problem.
    Specs
    Windows 10 64bit
    i7-5500 2.4Ghz
    16Gb RAM
    Output is via HDMI to monitor 1 and mini-HDMI to monitor 2
    Steps I have taken to resolve this:
    • Reinstall of Windows
    • Reinstall/Repair of Windows
    • Uninstall graphics driver - some performance improvement however GPU usage remains high and on reboot, the driver is reinstalled. Also, I cannot use both screens.
    • Installation of an older, beta graphics driver
    • Shouting angrily
    • Turning off hardware acceleration in the browser

Zorro Blade, Apr 16, 2021
  4. brain829 Win User

I can't use my high performance GPU

Desktop Windows Manager high GPU usage persists

Several individuals have reported Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) using unrealistic amounts of GPU for video playback, gaming, or any high graphics intensive activity. Here is a list of just a few of the many requests for support on this issue:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

It has been a few years now that this problem has been reported, are there any accepted fixes. From what I gather, even those individuals with serious graphics cards are vulnerable to dwm.exe dominating their available GPU. I myself report this issue, even
    on games and design software with the settings at a minimum. For example, Java will be using ~45% of the available GPU, whereas dwm.exe takes up the remaining ~55%. As stated previously, the result is the entire system halting, not just the game. The mouse
    will take a few seconds to stutter across the screen, and task manager will take 5+ seconds to even appear.

There have been many suggestions and no results. Is that Microsoft's consensus then? Thank you ahead of time.

brain829, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

I can't use my high performance GPU

1. I can't use my high performance GPU - Similar Threads - can't high performance

2. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  3. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  4. DWM.exe using high amounts of gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM.exe using high amounts of gpu: So about a day ago i've been noticing that my gpu usage has been spiking alot, and after some searching i found out that DWM.exe was causing the gpu usage. I've tried so many things but nothing has worked before, can anyone help me with this?...
  5. I can't see my dedicated GPU under the high performance button in graphics settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my dedicated GPU under the high performance button in graphics settings.: Hello, I have a Lenovo G570 laptop with windows 10 pro and Dual graphics cards which are Intel HD 3000 integrated and AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series dedicated. I've been trying to fix this from a long time but I could not find a proper fix so please help me! I wanted to use my...
  6. Cannot switch to high-performance GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot switch to high-performance GPU: Using an ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo, Intel UHD 630 and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, latest drivers through GeForce experience. 32 GB RAM, core i9. Until yesterday I had no problems. Playing CrossCode via Steam, had set it to use the high-performance GPU in Windows Graphics settings....
  7. Changing my High performance GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing my High performance GPU: So, I have two graphics cards 1.AMD Radeon HD 5450High Performance GPU 2.Intel HD Graphics 4400Power Saving GPU It's like this when I first started the PC. The Intel graphics card gives off a better performance than the AMD one. That's why I want to change my Default...
  8. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings: I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I change it still runs on the iGPU. What I've tried: Changing "Graphics performance preference" for the Minecraft...
  9. How to set high performance gpu

How to set high performance gpu: How do I set the high performance gpu in windows. I want to set my rx 580 as the high performance gpu but my 570 is set to high performance and I just want to know how to chance it. submitted by /u/JacobDoesLife [link] [comments]...
  10. I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???

I CAN'T CHANGE what Windows defines as a "High-performance GPU???: [ATTACH] I have 2 GPU: AMD Radeon r5 graphics and AMD Radeon M320. Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the GPU in the options, working just fine. But most applications don't have this option. But since Aprils update, now Windows 10...