Windows 10: I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

Discus and support I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Juan Hernandez1, Aug 6, 2022.

1. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think everything that is on internet but i just cant fix this, ive seen that people have this problem since 2016, im really pissed off because i cant use something i just bought and i cant even find what is the problem, but as you can see im having a lot LOT of latency: System Manufacturer: HP System Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk1xxx BIOS: F.21 type: UEFI Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10300H C

:)

Juan Hernandez1, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Alden Rey Win User

High DPC Latency with System Audio Through Audio Interface.

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

Many audio problems on a computer can be caused by DPC latency. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. In its simplest form, it is the part of your Windows system that handles driver efficiency. If there is a driver that is taking longer than normal to
    process, it may prevent other drivers from being processed in time. The worst case is that it can cause your audio interface driver from responding in time and can cause clicks, pops, distortion and dropouts.

We suggest to update the driver of your audio card. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting
    to do so. To perform the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this
    link.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 6, 2022
  3. High DPC Latency with System Audio Through Audio Interface.

All of my system audio is running through the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 USB 2.0 audio interface.

While running PreSonus Studio One v3.5 (Digital Audio Workstation software), and while playing back an existing mix, the audio plays back at a slow, fluctuating rate. At best the audio is playing at 90% normal speed with a high amount of popping and crackling.
    At worst, that audio is playing around 50% normal speed with an extreme amount of digital artifacting, and the audio sounds smeared and unlistenable. The CPU performance meter in Studio One reports an overload state, while the Windows Task Manager reports
    only 14% CPU usage. Studio One also reports the latency from my interface as 42.7 ms. There was nothing else running, aside from the normal background processes from other applications I have installed, at the time of the test.

Outside of Studio One, other system audio from web browsers and games exhibits pops and cracks to a lesser degree, but are still significant. However there is no fluctuation of playback speed, in this case.

LatencyMon reports that USBPORT.SYS, ndis.sys, nvldddmkm.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys all exhibit overly long execution times (these are the top four listed in the Drivers tab, sorted by highest execution time). USBPORT.SYS had a maximum execution time of 17648.650833
    µs.

Here's is the link to my Windows Performance Recorder results. I followed the instructions in the appropriate Wiki on this.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-cgllIt-nprckRtZWxOaXhZdWc

Hope you all can help me out! Go Internet!

Audiophile42, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

1. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency - Similar Threads - cant audio interface

2. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface: I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here...
  3. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface: I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here...
  4. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling: when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in the windows settings. Im not using a mouse or anything, just the touch pad. all my mouse drivers are up to date. I should also...
  6. i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling

i cant access my menu properly because my laptop keeps scrolling: when i open the windows menu my laptop rapidly scrolls nonstop, im not able to select the restart or shutdown buttons, or pretty much any options in the windows settings. Im not using a mouse or anything, just the touch pad. all my mouse drivers are up to date. I should also...
  7. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency: i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think everything that is on internet but i just cant fix this, ive seen that people have this problem since 2016, im really pissed off...
  8. I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency

I cant use my new audio interface properly because system latency: i already tried to reinstall windows, uninstall drivers, install drivers, disable devices, change power options, edit registry, services, i think everything that is on internet but i just cant fix this, ive seen that people have this problem since 2016, im really pissed off...
  9. Audio Plugin Causes Latency & Glitches On System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Plugin Causes Latency & Glitches On System: Hey,I hope this makes sense to some of you guys. I recently upgraded my PC, I'll include the specs below. I'm running the audio program Ableton 11 with Win 10 20H2. My external audio interface is a Lexicon I-o42. If I open Ableton and drop a stock plugin or any 3rd party vst...
  10. Audio Interface Crackling/Latency Despite Low CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Interface Crackling/Latency Despite Low CPU usage: Recently upgraded my PC parts including a shift from Windows 7 to 10. I am now experience audio crackling/latency issues. This primarily affects my music production software, but it also noticed during regular Windows usage like when listening to mp3s or YouTube videos and...