Windows 10: I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3

Discus and support I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently bought this laptop about a week ago, looked forward to testing out a few features yet I stumbled across this issue. I know i'm not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shdwo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Shdwo Win User

I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3

I have recently bought this laptop about a week ago, looked forward to testing out a few features yet I stumbled across this issue. I know i'm not the first person to enquire about such an issue, however none of the available solutions match my situation.

My touchpad doesn't work when I am holding down a key. I know there are many solutions online talking about updating drivers and deleting stuff from synaptics e.t.c. However I am using the Windows Precision Trackpad and all of my drivers are up to date.

If anyone could be of any help, it'd be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Niion

:)

Shdwo, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Jowi2525 Win User

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties.
    Then the instructions say "click Settings or Advanced Settings."
    Unfortunately, on the Lenovo Ideapad L340 there is no Settings or Advanced Settings to click on in the Mouse Settings Dialog box.
    I have seen lots of suggestions that involve clicking on the tab to the right of the Hardware tab on the Mouse Properties dialog box, but there is no tap to the right of the Hardware tab.
    I am open to registry editing also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Touchpad Settings in Windows 10, 8, 7 - IdeaPad - US

Jowi2525, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Billie795 Win User
    Synaptic's Driver Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 for Windows 10

I am having trouble finding a Synaptic's driver for the Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 so that more functions can be used on the touchpad. Lenovo site does not list one for this computer. Any suggestions?

Billie795, Nov 16, 2020
  4. I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3

Lost use of touchpad after upgrading to Windows 10 on Lenovo ideapad

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

This issue occurs due to the Lenovo ideapad touchpad driver may not be compatible.

I suggest you to download the latest Lenovo ideapad touchpad driver updates from the manufacturer’s website and check, if it works.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to roll back the drivers and install the drivers in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow the steps to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Lenovo ideapad touchpad driver from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Please get back to us with the above information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3

1. I cant use my touchpad while holding down a key Lenovo Ideapad 3 - Similar Threads - cant touchpad while

2. my lenovo ideapad 3 is still lagging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my lenovo ideapad 3 is still lagging.: yo guys, i have this problem with my lenovo ideapad 3 thats been going on for a while now. I only got it 2022, probably september?So basically, my laptop lags after a few seconds on launch of roblox, and also when its finally smooth, it crashes after an hour and when i reboot...
  3. my lenovo ideapad 3 is still lagging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my lenovo ideapad 3 is still lagging.: yo guys, i have this problem with my lenovo ideapad 3 thats been going on for a while now. I only got it 2022, probably september?So basically, my laptop lags after a few seconds on launch of roblox, and also when its finally smooth, it crashes after an hour and when i reboot...
  4. The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.: please help i recently updated my drivers but all of a sudden, my touchpad stopped working and not showing in device manger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touchpad-is-not-working-on-my-lenovo-ideapad/1aae422e-bda6-4957-a672-98e12646a540
  5. The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.: please help i recently updated my drivers but all of a sudden, my touchpad stopped working and not showing in device manger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-touchpad-is-not-working-on-my-lenovo-ideapad/1aae422e-bda6-4957-a672-98e12646a540
  6. The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The touchpad is not working on my Lenovo ideapad.: This is what it says when I go to Device Status: "This device cannot start code 10. The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the timeout expired." Thank you kindly for any assistance....
  7. lenovo ideapad 3

lenovo ideapad 3: hi my touchpad will not work after downloading windows 1, its not on the control panel and when i go to update driver it tells me its already updated help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-ideapad-3/a3e12b5b-6987-4034-bca3-f6c239880d2a
  8. touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down: my touchpad stops moving if I press any key I cant play any games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work-when-i-hold-a-key-down/7ea444e8-a8bb-4619-9585-db7cb13a5c7a
  9. My cursor will not move while hold down a key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor will not move while hold down a key.: My cursor will not move if I press down any key except the space bar it is really hard to do loads of stuff since it will not move once I press a key does anyone know how to fix?...
  10. I CANT MOVE CURSER WHILE HOLDING DOWN ANY KEY

I CANT MOVE CURSER WHILE HOLDING DOWN ANY KEY: I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and haven't been able to find any way to turn off smart sense or anything to fix this issue. I go into control panel and my mouse settings just aren't there to begin with. when i go into settings nothing indicates any way to change any of...