Windows 10: I can't use Search in Start Menu

Discus and support I can't use Search in Start Menu in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block. How I can fix that issue? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sergey Piskov, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I can't use Search in Start Menu

Hi,

When I open Start Menu and start typing something I get the white block.

How I can fix that issue?

I can't use Search in Start Menu 70600-clip-6kb.png

:)

Sergey Piskov, Jul 3, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Jul 3, 2019
  4. I can't use Search in Start Menu

Start menu search problems

Hi Michael,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask few questions:

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you're having issues with the Start menu, we suggest checking this
    article
    and follow the methods provided to troubleshoot Start menu.

Update us on the outcome.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

I can't use Search in Start Menu

1. I can't use Search in Start Menu - Similar Threads - can't Search Start

2. I can't seem to open start menu, use the search bar, and run settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't seem to open start menu, use the search bar, and run settings.: I've been trying to replace my wallpaper but it didn't open the settings app. When I tried opening the start menu to manually open it, the start menu didn't open. The search bar didn't pull up either. When I tried to run it using Win+R, I got the error -2144927436. I tried...
  3. i can't search immediately on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can't search immediately on start menu: Hi, in past , when I opened start menu ,I could search among its apps by typing keys on the keyboard. but now , I lost this good ability, and i can't search immediately on start menu , how I can retrieve back this start menu's feature ?...
  4. Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?

Can't use start menu to search for documents anymore?: Hello I accidentally removed the ability to search for documents using the start menu. I used to be able to do it, by just clicking the start button on the bottom left corner, and then typing in the file name, but now all I get are web results. Is there a fix for this? I...
  5. Can't search anything using Windows Start menu

Can't search anything using Windows Start menu: Hi, I can't search anything using Windows start. Never had this problem before. It's slowing me down a lot. [ATTACH] Type anything and I'll get nothing on the start menu. Please help! TIA!...
  6. The Search window gets stuck over Start Menu when I open it. Can't use the start menu...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Search window gets stuck over Start Menu when I open it. Can't use the start menu...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GTMoraes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eut0jd/the_search_window_gets_stuck_over_start_menu_when/
  7. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  8. After updating to build 1809 I can't use Start menu search feature

After updating to build 1809 I can't use Start menu search feature: I just installed the build 1809 over my existing Windows 10 Enterprise install and after that the Start menu search feature (and also the brightness function keys) stopped working. I've already tried to re-register Windows apps using Get-Appxpackage, run sfc /scannow,...
  9. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...
  10. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...