Windows 10: I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

Discus and support I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again. I saw other people's posts and the answers never worked. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MooseIn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MooseIn Win User

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again. I saw other people's posts and the answers never worked. I tried to make the headset the default in the sound control panel but it wont show up even if I chose "Show disabled devices" or "show disconnected devices" can someone please help?

:)

MooseIn, Jun 30, 2020

2. Mic and Headset

Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones
    and clicked: Don't ask me again. But now I want to use my headset AND my mic and since it doesn't ask me I can only use my headphones. What should I do o' great powerful one?

JeremyThibodeau, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Gavinsadf Win User

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

How do I enable my bluetooth headset mic?

I have a Bluetooth headset with mic which works with my phone, and my other computer. When I connect to Windows 10 the speakers (headphones) work but the mic does not. The headset is paired with Bluetooth (headphones work). The device is listed under recording
    devices, enabled and is the default headphone and default headset. My other mic is disabled. The headset has the green tick under recording devices but the green sound levels only moves once on opening the panel, but does not move up and down when I talk.
    The mic is listed in other applications (eg Skype) but is not working. I have stopped and started Bluetooth devices and updated windows to ensure everything is up-to-date.

As it works with other computers it seems like a windows problem and I have exhausted every available avenue.

Any ideas?

thanks

Gavinsadf, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again - Similar Threads - can't mic headset

2. My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.: My microphone has recently stopped working. For as long as i've had my computer, i've just plugged my headset into the headphones port, and my mic has worked fine. Now it doesn't. I checked sound settings, and there isn't a mic input. Not sure what happened, or if anything...
  3. Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?

Why can't I use my mic with my Sony WH-1000xm3 headphones?: I've updated the firmware, removed the device and reinstalled, and even switched to a different bluetooth dongle -- no matter what I try, I can't get the microphone to work when I connect to Windows 10. It works on any other device I have - mobile, tablet, etc - but I can't...
  4. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  5. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  6. i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !: hello everyone! thanks for reading this. i bought a usb headset and a usb microphone but they can't work together every time i plugged the two devices in my computer the first one i plugged just works and the other doesn't work and it doesn't even show in my sound control...
  7. why i will never pay for windows again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why i will never pay for windows again: We have here a computer which runs a very complicate algorithm of aligning DNA sequences with enzymes to calculate possible candidates for an anti-cancer therapy for a particular genome. This morning were almost 2 weeks since it was running and still had some to go, however...
  8. Can't configure headset mic

Can't configure headset mic: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working...
  9. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...
  10. How to use headset with mic

How to use headset with mic: i just bought a headset which has a built in mic (one you can plug and unplug from the left earcup) and i can't figure out how to use it. i plug it into one audio jack and i only get the audio (not the mic) another one, and i get the mic and not the audio. am i being stupid?...