Windows 10: I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

Discus and support I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again. I saw other people's posts and the answers never worked. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MooseIn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MooseIn Win User

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again. I saw other people's posts and the answers never worked. I tried to make the headset the default in the sound control panel but it wont show up even if I chose "Show disabled devices" or "show disconnected devices" can someone please help?

:)

MooseIn, Jun 30, 2020

2. Mic and Headset

Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones
    and clicked: Don't ask me again. But now I want to use my headset AND my mic and since it doesn't ask me I can only use my headphones. What should I do o' great powerful one?

JeremyThibodeau, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Zoladex Win User
    Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Hi
    Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input.

I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall windows and now when i select headset it just mutes my laptop mic and audio manager just shows the one mic, but two audio outputs.

It was working before the reset and i have tested the headset on another computer and it is working find.
    So far i tried device manage audio driver install, for both Realtek driver and High Definition driver but either resolve the issue.

Any suggestions why windows would pick up one and not the other?

I currently have it set to headphone plugged in so that i can use my laptop mic, but ive been told i sound really bad *Sad

Cheers,
    Zola

Zoladex, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Gavinsadf Win User

I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again

How do I enable my bluetooth headset mic?

I have a Bluetooth headset with mic which works with my phone, and my other computer. When I connect to Windows 10 the speakers (headphones) work but the mic does not. The headset is paired with Bluetooth (headphones work). The device is listed under recording
    devices, enabled and is the default headphone and default headset. My other mic is disabled. The headset has the green tick under recording devices but the green sound levels only moves once on opening the panel, but does not move up and down when I talk.
    The mic is listed in other applications (eg Skype) but is not working. I have stopped and started Bluetooth devices and updated windows to ensure everything is up-to-date.

As it works with other computers it seems like a windows problem and I have exhausted every available avenue.

Any ideas?

thanks

Gavinsadf, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't use the mic on the headset because I chose headphones and never ask again - Similar Threads - can't mic headset

2. I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.: I recently bought a gaming laptop-Acer Nitro 5 and it just identifies the headset but I can't choose my headset's mic because the option is not there. I tried so many things, the control panel, etc. .... and it's still not working, however, it worked perfectly fine on my old...
  3. I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use my headset mic on my new laptop.: I recently bought a gaming laptop-Acer Nitro 5 and it just identifies the headset but I can't choose my headset's mic because the option is not there. I tried so many things, the control panel, etc. .... and it's still not working, however, it worked perfectly fine on my old...
  4. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  5. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  6. Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...: I paid allot of many for these headphones and I don't understand why it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-arctis-9x-problem-with-bluetooth-cannot/9837440a-783e-471a-8aca-1a68e7579183
  7. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only has "Stereo Mix" or "Mic in front panel Pink" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any...
  8. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only have"Stereo Mix" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any response on discord but I got...
  9. I can't use my headset's mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't use my headset's mic: I started having this issue since yesterday, I can't use my headset mic for some reason. I went to the Recording Tab in the Sound Control Panel, but it isn't there. Then I go to Device Manager, I click on "Show hidden devices" and THERE'S my mic on the Audio inputs and...
  10. Set headset as headphones and selected "do not ask again", how do I change it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set headset as headphones and selected "do not ask again", how do I change it?: When I plugged in my headset for the first time I accidentally set it to headphones instead of headset so the computer won't access the microphone. How can I set the device to headset?...