Windows 10: I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.

Discus and support I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use the remaining space on the usb after installing mediacreationtool. Including not being able to access the files on the usb before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ProteinShereck, May 19, 2020.

1. I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.

I can't use the remaining space on the usb after installing mediacreationtool. Including not being able to access the files on the usb before installing mediacreationtool. Do you have any solutions? I want to get the old data back.

:)

ProteinShereck, May 19, 2020
  2. XzUR_ Win User

MediaCreationTool on USB

My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there.

However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says that I can't use Safe Mode. How can I use this then?

XzUR_, May 19, 2020
  3. lacrumb Win User
    MediaCreationTool on USB

If you have a bootable USB stick you do not need to be on the computer. You need to have the USB at the top of the BIOS Boot list. Then make sure it is plugged in when you turn on the computer.

lacrumb, May 19, 2020
  4. I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 19, 2020
Thema:

I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.

1. I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool. - Similar Threads - can't remaining space

2. I can't use the free space as a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use the free space as a partition: I've recently installed Linux Dualbooted with Windows 7, for quick testing. Then i uninstalled Linux along with grub as an option to only use Windows 7. Now, I tried to partition the free space as for my files Windows 7 is in logical drive now, i get this error without even...
  3. I can't use the free space as a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use the free space as a partition: I've recently installed Linux Dualbooted with Windows 7, for quick testing. Then i uninstalled Linux along with grub as an option to only use Windows 7. Now, I tried to partition the free space as for my files Windows 7 is in logical drive now, i get this error without even...
  4. I can't use my usb key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't use my usb key: Hello, Recently I've got an problem windows think that my keys are usb disk drivers ! submitted by /u/Gaetan_Chartrer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmemro/i_cant_use_my_usb_key/
  5. Problems with using the MediaCreationTool

Problems with using the MediaCreationTool: Hello! I recently finished building my PC and now I wanna install windows 10 on it. I already have a license (as digital download). I then tried to use the Media Creation Tool to make an USB-stick boot ready. However the tool always wants to make the hard drive of the laptop...
  6. Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?: I have somehow messed my windows partition and so I need to reinstall the windows. So if I reinstall the windows by creating a bootable pendrive then would I have to provide my licence key? I can access the windows partition but cannot boot into it because I have accidentally...
  7. i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can't use a usb microphone with a usb headset !: hello everyone! thanks for reading this. i bought a usb headset and a usb microphone but they can't work together every time i plugged the two devices in my computer the first one i plugged just works and the other doesn't work and it doesn't even show in my sound control...
  8. USB port remains active even after using Safely remove hardware

in Windows 10 News
    USB port remains active even after using Safely remove hardware: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To avoid any unlikely incident like loss of data, Windows prompts you to Safely remove hardware like external hard drives and USB drives. Even after doing this, if the USB port continues to remain active for safely removed hardware and [...] This post USB...
  9. My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My system is showing less space remaining than, whats being used: Even though My C drive only takes up 34gb according to windirstat, windows is showing 50gb is being taken up[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-is-showing-less-space-remaining-than/f5edc79e-6c56-48dc-bb74-92c1866b0e31"
  10. MediaCreationTool on USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MediaCreationTool on USB: My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there. However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says...