Windows 10: I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed

Discus and support I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As stated in the subject of the question I don't have the ability to use the touchpad. I went through the device manager to look for the driver for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisopherthomas, Mar 13, 2021.

1. I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed

As stated in the subject of the question I don't have the ability to use the touchpad. I went through the device manager to look for the driver for the touchpad but unfortunately, as seen here, I can't find it

I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed ea375d71-0019-4d96-9b84-7a7c685a5dbc?upload=true.png

I have seen that there are drivers like synaptics that come pre-installed. However I previously had this laptop repaired and something maybe happened that resulted in the driver not showing up when it got back. I have been using a USB mouse in the mean time. Here is all the information for this PC if needed:

I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed 832ebbb2-d429-4090-9e05-3656fd21c871?upload=true.png

:)

chrisopherthomas, Mar 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Windows Update - Rec this error: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - Error 0x80070005

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptics Touchpad drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptics touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 13, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed

1. I can't use the touchpad and I don't have synaptics installed - Similar Threads - can't touchpad don't

2. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  3. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  4. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver: I followed someone's instruction at this platform to "clear" RAM, which surprisingly worked. But I found out that Synaptic Touchpad driver got deleted from my system.I wanted to download and install Synaptic touchpad driver for my system, but I was unable to do that from HP...
  5. Installation of Synaptic touchpad driver

6. I downloaded Gateway Synaptics Touchpad when my touchpad stopped working but can't install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded Gateway Synaptics Touchpad when my touchpad stopped working but can't install...: On my Gateway Laptop, I downloaded Gateway_Synaptics_Touchpad & opened file but there is no installation or setup to install files. How do I install files? My touchpad stopped working when I reset my Windows 10....
  7. I downloaded Gateway Synaptics Touchpad when my touchpad stopped working but can't install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I downloaded Gateway Synaptics Touchpad when my touchpad stopped working but can't install...: On my Gateway Laptop, I downloaded Gateway_Synaptics_Touchpad & opened file but there is no installation or setup to install files. How do I install files? My touchpad stopped working when I reset my Windows 10....
  8. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...

synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad, even though it says...: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  9. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  10. Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install: Hi all. I have a friend who is having trouble making his Toshiba Satellite L50-A (PSKLWA-004001), Touchpad work. He said it hasn't been working several months so he has been using a USB mouse instead. I first tried installing the driver from 'mytoshiba' and no drivers...