Windows 10: I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

Discus and support I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SafiullahKakkar, Nov 24, 2021.

1. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it starts working when I restart my PC.I already tried using a different mouse pointer and updating some related drivers, but it wasn't helpful.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

SafiullahKakkar, Nov 24, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Touchpad two finger scroll not working in windows 10 apps and menus.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing touchpad two finger scrolling issue on Windows store, Edge etc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

Close all open windows and restart the computer to login to a different user account to test if the issue persists.

Further, suggest you to update the Touchpad driver.

Follow the steps below to update the driver:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the touchpad driver.

c) Right click on the Touchpad driver icon and click on “Update Driver software”.

d) Click on “Search automatically for Updated driver software” option.

Keep us posted to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2021
  4. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

Cannot disable two finger scrolling

Touchpad driver: Synaptics Pointing Device from Lenovo (version 19.0.17.115, September 19, 2016)

PC: Thinkpad W520

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to additional mouse options.

I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted zDEgr.png

1. Navigate to TouchPad Properties.

I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted lGdhr.png

1. Ensure that two finger scrolling is disabled.

I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted i5aq9.png

As you can see from the last screenshot, two finger scrolling is disabled on my system, yet the touch-pad still begins to scroll when I have two fingers placed on it. It's jarring and irritating and I'm not used to it at all.

Strangely enough, the setting seems to stick when I open UltraNav settings and close it. But two finger scrolling returns after a restart. I don't know if this is an issue with a driver or my configuration of Windows 10...

I've tried the following:

1. Rolling back the driver, which didn't resolve the issue.
    2. Deleting the driver and re-installing it via Windows update and from Lenovo's website. Also didn't resolve the issue.

Does anyone have a permanent fix, like maybe a registry edit that completely disables all additional touch-pad gestures like this one?

UnityLauncherProblems, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

1. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted - Similar Threads - can't finger scrolling

2. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted: Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it starts working when I restart my PC.I already tried using a different mouse pointer and updating some related drivers, but it...
  6. I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted

I can't use two-finger scrolling when multiple users login until the pc is restarted: Hi, as mentioned in Subject the two-finger scrolling feature doesn't work on my Windows 10 PC when more than one user login on my computer, and it starts working when I restart my PC.I already tried using a different mouse pointer and updating some related drivers, but it...
  7. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  8. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  9. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0