Windows 10: I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11

Discus and support I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't use my home PC because someone decided it would be a great idea to put their school account and now I can't use Windows Hello PIN.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amado Elorza-Barreto, Nov 30, 2023.

1. I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11

I can't use my home PC because someone decided it would be a great idea to put their school account and now I can't use Windows Hello PIN.

:)

Amado Elorza-Barreto, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work

Hi,

Windows 11 - Windows hello PIN and Camera face recognition do not work, for both of them, when reaching the final step, the window closes before saying completed, and nothing happens

Steps to replicate on my PC - WIN 11:

1. Situation 1 - Trying to change PIN:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Pin(Windows Hello)
      2. Although i'm currently using a PIN to log into my user, I only get 1 button: Setup
      3. Press Setup - Create a PIN - Next
      4. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    2. Situation 2 - Trying to add Face recognition:
      1. Settings - Accounts - Facial recognition (Windows Hello) - Setup
      2. Welcome to Windows hello - Get started
      3. My face is scanned, i get a blue loading square, and dots on my things
      4. A couple more things
      5. Improbve recognition - if i skip this steps it does not make a difference
      6. A couple more things - Set up PIN
      7. Microsoft Account - Create a PIN - Next
      8. Making sure it's you - I add my PIN - Just a moment - the window closes, nothign happens
    I initially thought my webcam was the issue, but then chaging the PIN does not work either, and it has nothing to do with the camera

I talked with someone from support (support request number is 1056162110), and we tried different things until 3:30 AM my time, about 1:30 h.

On my laptop (win 10) with the same account, face recognition and PIN works, I have not tried to change them.

Is there any way to reset PIN on an account level? Or repair windows?

What else should i try?

DanielDumitru, Nov 30, 2023
  4. I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11

Remove and Disable Win 10 PIN for Work/School Account

I have found lots of ways to remove the PIN logging from the Windows 10 Windows Hello service but they all apply to a non work/school login account. My account is a work account and when I want to remove the PIN the remove button is greyed out. How can I re-enable that button so I can remove then pin then disable Windows Hello on this machine?

Matthew Verstraete, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11

1. I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11 - Similar Threads - can't hello pin

2. I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use windows hello pin on home pc because of school account windows 11: I can't use my home PC because someone decided it would be a great idea to put their school account and now I can't use Windows Hello PIN....
  3. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  4. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  5. I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin: Hello, I have Minecraft Bedrock edition on two other Microsoft accounts. I cannot log into either of these accounts because of old pins I do not remember and there is LITERALLY no way to reset them without being on an old device. Better yet, I reset one of the account's pins...
  6. Can't remove a school account from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove a school account from Windows 10 Home: I have two accounts on this computer: my account that's tied to my personal email address and is the administrator account, and my university account to which I no longer have access. I get daily notifications from Windows about the account needing my attention, but I'm...
  7. Can't use windows hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use windows hello pin: I tried to set up my pin on my new laptop because I don't want to login using my long password but it doesn't work. If my laptop isn't connected to the internet it always shows "Your device is offline. Use another Sign-in method blablabla", but if it's connected to the...
  8. Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account: I setup a family account for my 7 year old. He already had a local account on my windows 10 laptop but I am trying to activate the family account to have parental control. I have given access to his family account and I can login using his password but whenever I try to...
  9. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...
  10. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account: Hello, I have an issue regarding Windows Hello. Every time I set it up on my laptop(XPS 13 9360) after a day or so it stops working and I get a message stating that "Some of your accounts require your attention". I click it and I get to a pop up saying that I need to enable...