Windows 10: I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

Discus and support I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I added a new email address to my microsoft account. I know I added it, because I received the "verify account" email to my new email address. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TPR Darktoh, Mar 28, 2023.

1. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

I added a new email address to my microsoft account. I know I added it, because I received the "verify account" email to my new email address. When I hit the 'confirm' verify link, the email is not verified, and the page just opens "View basic information about your account"When I loop back around to the "Manage how you sign in to Microsoft" page to make the new email my primary email, it still says I need to verify!!!!Can somebody please help?

:)

TPR Darktoh, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Verifying Email Address

Hi,

Verifying your email is one of the factors to make your account secure and also make sure that you are the owner of it. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask if do you have new registered email?

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . You can recover your account and let you ask for your active email address.

Let us know if this works for you and if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 28, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 28, 2023
  4. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

Can't Verify my account & changing email

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If you are not receiving the verification code, you can try to verify your account through the online account validation process.

Please go to (Reset your password)
    and follow the steps below:

• Enter your Microsoft account and type in the characters you'll see in the pictures and click on Next.
    • Click "I can’t use any of these options".
    • Enter a working email address where we can contact you and click on Next.
    • Fill-up the form and click “Submit”.

In this method, you will be asked to provide a contact email where a link will be sent after you validated your account. I suggest that you provide a working email for you to receive the password reset link.

Also, to answer to your second question, please be informed that you cannot change the Windows Live Id of your Microsoft Account. However, you can add an alias email address to it. Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to the
      Manage your account aliases
      page.
    • Select Add email alias .
    • Follow the instructions to create a new Outlook.com email, or add any address that isn’t already a Microsoft account.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

1. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account - Similar Threads - can't verify email

2. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  3. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  4. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I verify my email address for my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I verify my email address for my Microsoft account?: Hi,I'm trying to change my email address associated with my microsoft account. I have added my new email address as an alias and I have pressed the "verify" link. I receive the email and click on the link starting with "https://account.live.com/Aliases/Verify" and it takes me...
  6. How can I verify my email address for my Microsoft account?

How can I verify my email address for my Microsoft account?: Hi,I'm trying to change my email address associated with my microsoft account. I have added my new email address as an alias and I have pressed the "verify" link. I receive the email and click on the link starting with "https://account.live.com/Aliases/Verify" and it takes me...
  7. I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account

I can't verify an email address that I want to add to my microsoft account: I added a new email address to my microsoft account. I know I added it, because I received the "verify account" email to my new email address. When I hit the 'confirm' verify link, the email is not verified, and the page just opens "View basic information about your...
  8. I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...

I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has...: I need to verify my microsoft account but the email address the code is using to verify has a typo and I am unable to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-verify-my-microsoft-account-but-the/3b08ebe5-0ecb-4544-9155-1f57a702dc42"
  9. Can't verify email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't verify email address: Trying to setup my mom's computer. We typed in the wrong email address. Now we can't verify it. Even thought I corrected in the alternate email address, it won't let me do anything without verifying, and won't let me contact costumer support. Any help will be greatly...
  10. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"