Windows 10: I can’t verify my identity on my laptop

Discus and support I can’t verify my identity on my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ive tried downloading apps and then this blank white screen pops up. The same thing happens when i try to verify my identity in settings, can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evelyn_Hope, Oct 26, 2020.

1. I can’t verify my identity on my laptop

Ive tried downloading apps and then this blank white screen pops up. The same thing happens when i try to verify my identity in settings, can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to fix it?

:)

Evelyn_Hope, Oct 26, 2020
  2. cazjon Win User

New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Verifying identity on new laptop

I cannot verify the identity on my new laptop. it seems stuck on that page, with the identity codes i have tried not being accepted. When i went on my old laptop and requested a new password they sent me a code to verify a change of password and that worked
    fine on my old laptop. I have tried the old code and the new code on my new laptop but neither have been accepted.

CraigRichards4, Oct 26, 2020
  4. I can’t verify my identity on my laptop

“We need to verify your identity”,

I have received this code about a 100 times, either to my phone or my e-mail. It lasts about an hour or two, then I get the “We need to verify your identity” pop-up again.

Two-step sign in is not activated.

I also noticed that on the "My devices" page, my desktop PC is shown with detailed info, like motherboard type, Windows 10 Core (10.0.10586.63), etc.

But my other computer, the laptop, is just listed as "PC". No other information is available, not Windows version, no hardware details, nothing. That laptop is the only one that gets this annoying “We need to verify your identity” despite me having entered
    the code over a hundred times in any available way.

I am quite certain that the fact that not detailed PC or Windows information is closely related to the “We need to verify your identity” problem.

MarcoDeppe, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

I can’t verify my identity on my laptop

1. I can’t verify my identity on my laptop - Similar Threads - can’t verify identity

2. I can't verify my Identity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't verify my Identity: I can log into my account just fine in the Microsoft website. and I already logged into the Microsoft Store. However, when I was trying to download an app in the Store, it asked me to verify my identity yet again. I put my password and it says the password is wrong, but it's...
  3. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  4. Cannot verify my identity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot verify my identity: In windows 10, I cannot verify my identity in the "Your Info" tab under settings in Windows 10 because that account email doesn't exist. I have a Microsoft account but when I try to enter that information to verify I get the error "An illegal state change was requested"...
  5. Can not verify my Identity to my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not verify my Identity to my computer.: I am trying to sync my passwords between my devices, but when attempting to, a prompt appears for me to enter a password for an account long gone. I have tried changing the password to said account, but when I try that it tells me the account no longer exists which I knew as...
  6. I cannot VERIFY my identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity: My email accounts in Mail need to be fixed, including Outlook, but when I try I get 'something went wrong' and 'Pin not available'. Then I get asked to VERIFY my identity, but I cannot do that either. When I try to get a security code sent , either to my designated phone...
  7. I cannot VERIFY my identity or sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot VERIFY my identity or sign in: 'Something has gone wrong' --- as Windows keeps telling me without explaining what to do about it. Fortunately I can still sign in with my PIN, but not otherwise, although when I try to sign in on Edge it says 'your PIN is not available'. I cannot get access to VERIFY. in...
  8. Can't verify my identity

Can't verify my identity: On "Settings/Update & Security/Windows security/Account protection/Microsoft account" it says "Verify your identity to sync passwords across your devices" with a "Verify" button below, but, when I click on the "Verify" button, a popup appears, briefly says "Just a moment",...
  9. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...
  10. Verifying identity on new laptop

Verifying identity on new laptop: I have bought a laptop and my wife started installing Windows on it. It came to the section to verify my identity for my microsoft account. it asked me how i would like to get my security code so i clicked Text to my phone ending in 47. unfortunately my phone was in work so i...