Windows 10: I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

Discus and support I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Two Problems: 1. Whenever I try to verify my Windows account in setting a blank-black popup appears that never loads 2. When I try to setup Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OliverGrant1, Jul 20, 2019.

1. I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

Two Problems:

1. Whenever I try to verify my Windows account in setting a blank-black popup appears that never loads

2. When I try to setup Windows Hello under account protection in Windows Security, nothing pops up when I click the 'Set up' button

1: I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security ff424dce-2a90-4f68-a2fc-41eb83d6fb68?upload=true.png 2: I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security c839d085-d0fb-43e8-bfab-aaf09650b78f?upload=true.png

:)

OliverGrant1, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security :(

Zakin, Jul 20, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Enhanced Security for your Steam Account

Enhanced Security for your Steam Account.

I'm not sure whether this is more appropriate here in Games or General Software, but here goes:

Steam has introduced email verification to further protect your Steam Account. Once you've verified your address...

Read the rest on the Steam announcement.

I certainly welcome any improvement in security. I must have at least a good £200 worth of games invested in this platform and I don't want some script kiddie trashing my account.

qubit, Jul 20, 2019
  4. tbdriver Win User

I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

1. I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security - Similar Threads - can't verify account

2. I can't verify my old microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't verify my old microsoft account: i'm trying to access an old Microsoft account but i have forgotten alot of the information in the verification survey.I have the password but it keeps asking me to verify is there another way i can access the account?Thanks!...
  3. I can't verify my old microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't verify my old microsoft account: i'm trying to access an old Microsoft account but i have forgotten alot of the information in the verification survey.I have the password but it keeps asking me to verify is there another way i can access the account?Thanks!...
  4. I can't verify my old microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't sign in again to verify my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in again to verify my account: Because I was having issues buying the game pass on my pc I have a child account but my parent couldn't allow me to buy it or buy it for me, I went to Microsoft family. At the top of the screen, it says that i have to sign in again to verify my account on my pc by allowing...
  6. I can't sign in again to verify my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in again to verify my account: Because I was having issues buying the game pass on my pc I have a child account but my parent couldn't allow me to buy it or buy it for me, I went to Microsoft family. At the top of the screen, it says that i have to sign in again to verify my account on my pc by allowing...
  7. setup my account in Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    setup my account in Windows: Today my brother told me that I can use the PC and put my account on it. He will not use it anymore so I want to put my MS account on it. I dont know how. I checked on internet and it says that we need to re install Windows. I dont want to do that since it will take a lot of...
  8. Can't verify my outlook account...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't verify my outlook account...: Hi, Trying to set up my outlook for first use. Asking me to verify my account, but seems to get stuck on the following screen [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-verify-my-outlook-account/87d46a55-df88-4acc-a4c7-4997ad192cee
  9. I can't verify my Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't verify my Microsoft account.: I can sign into my school Microsoft account, but I can't verify my identity because it's sending a code to my old phone number, which isn't my number anymore. It's not giving me an option for any other verification method. How can I verify my identity?...
  10. Can't verify microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't verify microsoft account: I have re-installed Win 10 multiple times because of some problems and this time when I clicked Verify either through phone or email I received nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-verify-microsoft-account/d2ecd7b5-e788-403a-af12-0cfb5506bb9f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant verify ms account on settings

2. how login mircosoft without verifying account

3. no verify account in windows settings