Windows 10: I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

Discus and support I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HiI am having this issue with credential manager not showing my passwords for several years and I use workarounds which are not efficient. So I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MoAbd1, May 4, 2021.

1. MoAbd1 Win User

I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

HiI am having this issue with credential manager not showing my passwords for several years and I use workarounds which are not efficient. So I decided to ask about it here.When I try yo view my saved passwords, say to use it on my phone, I go to edge setting, and I find the list of the passwords saved. But when I try to view click on eye icon or edit it, a window pops up asking my username and password I am using a local username, not Microsoft username, and after filling it I press OK, and that window simply closes and the password does not show up. Essentially nothing happens. I repeat

:)

MoAbd1, May 4, 2021
  2. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

The CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view
    MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Steeboo, May 4, 2021
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Managing Credentials with no password

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, May 4, 2021
  4. I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

Credential manager Skipping Saved Passwords

HI Team,

I have a Share folder on my Server with Server 2016 OS.

I have assigned the R/W to everyone for the Domain users also shared the folder with full rights. still I am getting a prompt for the password while accessing the folder from the computers on domain.

Also, i have saved the password to credential manager but it gets skipped.

Is there any setting on domain controller with which if any computer gets connected to domain will easily access the share folder without any further steps.

If not, kindly help is there is any registry setting which will stop the credential manager from loosing the saved passwords.

PiyushVashist, May 4, 2021
Thema:

I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

1. I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager - Similar Threads - can't view saved

2. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  3. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  4. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  6. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  7. How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password: How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-my-saved-passwords-on-credential/495a5b27-5ed3-4e27-8552-bd7f03bf53b2
  8. How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password

How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password: How to use my saved passwords on credential manager, because i forget my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-my-saved-passwords-on-credential/495a5b27-5ed3-4e27-8552-bd7f03bf53b2
  9. Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords: Hi all, I was trying to locate a stored password through Credentials Manager. Everything went fine till the time I clicked the 'show' button against the desired stored credentials. A window popped up asking : 'Please verify your credentials to view the stored passwords';...
  10. Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager: When viewing passwords in credential manager I usually type in my PIN number when prompted but now it wont take it and keeps asking for userid and password. I have tried several ids but it doesnt work. I prefer to use my PIN. I have no problems logging in to windows using my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No option to show password in Credential Manager

2. Windows 10 Credential Manager not show password