Windows 10: I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

Discus and support I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309, Oct 6, 2020.

1. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos.

submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SWAGNEMITE_1309, Oct 6, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Cannot view photos in photo app

I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open!

I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app. [​IMG]
    How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick

Just to clarify I sign in with a Local account, do I have to sign in with a Microsoft account to use the apps?

scopio, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 6, 2020
  4. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Please do not worry, I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, let us know if the app shows up when you type "photos" in the search bar.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest you to try opening any photo by following the steps below:

1. Right click on a photo and select open with.

2. From the available options, if "photos" is listed, select it.

3. Once you open the photo through the app, the icon will appear on the taskbar.

4. Right click on the icon in the taskbar and see if you are able to pin it to the taskbar.

If that doesn't help, check if you are able to download the app through Windows store.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

1. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app. - Similar Threads - can't view photos

2. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  3. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  4. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't open Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  6. I can't open Microsoft Photos

I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  7. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  8. Can't open the Photo app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the Photo app: Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling the photo apps, but it didn't work. I've also had the same problem with the Movies&TV app. Can somebody tell me what's...
  9. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...