Windows 10: I can't watch videos on my computer.

Discus and support I can't watch videos on my computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't watch videos on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeraldFisher2, Jan 16, 2020.

1. I can't watch videos on my computer.

I can't watch videos on my computer.

:)

GeraldFisher2, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 16, 2020
  4. PaulaNees Win User

Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't watch videos on my computer. - Similar Threads - can't watch videos

2. Why can't I watch videos online with sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I watch videos online with sound?: Hi! My problem is that I can't watch videos online with sound. When I put sound on them they are just gonna freeze. I tried multiple browsers and multiple websites, but not on one of them worked. I even tried reinstalling Windows 11, but the same problem was still present. I...
  3. Why can't I watch videos online with sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I watch videos online with sound?: Hi! My problem is that I can't watch videos online with sound. When I put sound on them they are just gonna freeze. I tried multiple browsers and multiple websites, but not on one of them worked. I even tried reinstalling Windows 11, but the same problem was still present. I...
  4. Why can't I watch videos as a background process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I watch videos as a background process?: Hello, I cannot watch videos on YouTube through my web browser in the background, more specifically, when I have a game running on a different monitor. I suspect that this is an issue with how Windows 11 dictates resource allocation for background tasks, as when I am tabbed...
  5. Why can't I watch videos as a background process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I watch videos as a background process?: Hello, I cannot watch videos on YouTube through my web browser in the background, more specifically, when I have a game running on a different monitor. I suspect that this is an issue with how Windows 11 dictates resource allocation for background tasks, as when I am tabbed...
  6. Can't watch videos on youtube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't watch videos on youtube: So i tried to go fullscreen on youtube , but i get a white page ... i heard sound , but can't see anything ... .. in normal mode it' working ok .. i post two random screenshots .... BTW i dont know why i have that secure in top ... two days ago it was all working normally...
  7. I can't watch video's on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't watch video's on my laptop: I can't watch any kind of video on my pc even the example video in the video play back setting won't play it just sits there and if i do get any kind of it's working only the audio plays everything is uptodate reinstalled windows adobe flash the whole 9 yards this just...
  8. Computer crash when watching video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when watching video: Hello, Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying: Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION What failed: ddkmd.sys Ive tried everything that i can think of to get it to work. Hopefully someone can help me, otherwise i will have to reset the computer....
  9. How come I can't watch YouTube videos?

in Browsers and Email
    How come I can't watch YouTube videos?: How come I can't watch YouTube videos in my chrome browser? It keeps on loading and loading. I restart the computer and it is still not working. How can I fix YouTube not playing issue? Any help? 74468
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...