Windows 10: I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader

Discus and support I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I can't write on any sd card but I can read and copy the contents on my Asus PC. The problem is not of the sd, because on another identical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndreaOrlandi2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader

Hi, I can't write on any sd card but I can read and copy the contents on my Asus PC.

The problem is not of the sd, because on another identical computer the sd works.

Can anyone advise me what to do? Thanks

[Thread MOVED from IT-it]

:)

AndreaOrlandi2, Oct 29, 2019

2. sd card reader

Hi DarlaStever

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Causes of the problem that my PC does not read the SD card

What are the factors that cause the inaccessibility of the SD card, why does the PC not read sd card suddenly?

Many factors can cause this:

• Drive problem.

• Damaged or broken SD card.

• SD card reader does not work.

• Recent change of operating system?

• Have you formatted your laptop lately?

• Use card reader or integrated reader of the laptop?

• Bad sectors or mostly infected by viruses

1. Click Control Panel in the search area to start it.

2. Search for Device Manager.

3. Select the SD card - Properties, Driver - Update driver. You can also choose to "Automatically search for driver software for the update"

Update drivers from Device Manager

Method 3. Diagnose the situation of the SD card and solve problems

Step 1. Control panel - Troubleshooting.

Step 2. Select "Hardware and voice", to the next, "hardware and devices"

Step 3. Follow the instructions until you solve the problem

Please let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Marc M.

MarcMorelli56, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 29, 2019
  4. I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader

SD card reader driver problem on Windows 10.

Does not work for me. My chip is O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD ... HELP!!!

QuangNguyen4, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader

1. I can't write to an SD card from an integrated PC reader - Similar Threads - can't write card

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. SD Card Reader can't be detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SD Card Reader can't be detected: I have an SD Card reader connected to my case, but my computer can't use the device. It seems to be a device that has the Device Descriptor Failure error, as I can't find another device like it in device manager. Device instance path: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&166CCC16&0&10...
  5. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  6. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  7. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  10. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: My SD card reader is suddenly not working. The SD cards can be read in other Windows 10 devices, but cannot be seen any longer on this device. The Windows 10 Update occurred recently, assuming that may have caused the issue. Tried to Restore to previous point, before this...