Windows 10: I cant't factory reset my computer

Discus and support I cant't factory reset my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was going through my files yesterday and i saw that i had two drives instead of just the os drive. there is about 500 GB in each drive but i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BohdiHughes, Sep 21, 2018.

1. I cant't factory reset my computer

I was going through my files yesterday and i saw that i had two drives instead of just the os drive. there is about 500 GB in each drive but i was running out of space on my os drive. i'm not the smartest with computers and so i thought that if i transferred all my files in the os drive to the other new volume drive then i would have more space in my os drive. obviously that didn't work so i tried transferring the files back to the os drive and it worked again.

However My drive was still full of junk so i decided to just factory reset my laptop. I went into settings and tried resetting it but after loading about 1% it said "undoing changes" and then came up with an error message saying "there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

hope you can help me.

:)

BohdiHughes, Sep 21, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Sep 21, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

I cant't factory reset my computer

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

I cant't factory reset my computer

1. I cant't factory reset my computer - Similar Threads - cant't factory reset

2. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  3. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  4. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  6. How do I factory reset MY computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I factory reset MY computer?: I have a "school laptop" that I bought, they charge around 500 to 1200 bucks if your wondering but that's besides the point. I have tried to factory reset via troubleshoot options. Straight to advanced options. Settings factory reset. need an admin password that I can't...
  7. How do I factory reset MY computer?

8. Update factory reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update factory reset my computer.: So I had been putting off updating my computer for a week or so, and I ended up giving in and waiting two hours for it to update. I come back and I can't even log into my profile at first, saying the User Profile Service can't sign in and giving me a blank profile picture. I...
  9. I can't factory reset my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't factory reset my computer: my C drive holds 30GB and is full, I have no files on the computer, all 30GB is made up of Intel, Microsoft and AVG, I wanted to factory reset my computer to get a normal disk drive. it says I can't reset my computer without freeing up 4GB, i'm running this computer as an...
  10. I want to factory reset my computer

I want to factory reset my computer: I want to factory reset my computer. When i go to start it it said i would lose windows 10 because my computer did not come with it installed. I got windows 10 through the free upgrade they had a while back. Is there a way I can still factory reset and keep windows 10?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant factory reset my computer