Windows 10: I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

Discus and support I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't create a restore point or do a reinstall of windows. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jon Frounfelter, Nov 27, 2023.

1. I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't create a restore point or do a reinstall of windows. Please help!

:)

Jon Frounfelter, Nov 27, 2023

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Nov 27, 2023
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 System Restore Show More Restore Points Box Missing and Restore Points Being Deleted or Missing

Hi Steven,

There are several reasons why the Show more restore points check box is missing. Some of these are the following:

• You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    • You manually turn System Restore off.
    • You upgrade from one operating system to another or you reinstall the operating system

In your case, as you have reinstalled Windows, it's possible that all restore points are deleted, that's why the
    Show more restore points check box is not appearing. Did you delete all the partitions when you reinstall Windows? If yes, then all the manually and automatically created restore points will disappear. For further isolation of the issue, we suggest that
    you create a new restore point and monitor if it will disappear in a few days just like the others.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 27, 2023
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

Windows app removal - restore point

Hello,

Restore points are generated when you install a new application, Windows Update or driver. You can also manually create a restore point. Restoring to an earlier point of time won't affect your personal files, but it will remove all the applications, drivers
    and Windows Updates installed after the restore point was made. To better assist you regarding your concern, we'd like to know more information.

• Do you see any available restore point on your computer?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the applications that were removed?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For more details about System Restore, please check this
    link
    and refer to Restore from a system restore point section.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Nov 27, 2023
Thema:

I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

1. I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows - Similar Threads - can'y restore point

2. I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can'y make a restore point or reinstall Windows: I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't create a restore point or do a reinstall of windows. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cany-make-a-restore-point-or-reinstall-windows/bef112c6-5859-463f-bd41-9bf460ac3643
  3. I can't make a restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  4. I can't make a restore point

I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  5. Make restore points valid to the user

Make restore points valid to the user: When I make a RESTORE POINT, I expect it to be there to be used properly by ME.Not deleted without any forwarning. I want to restore my private pc to my restore point.Then I can have the computer in the same condition as when the restore point was made.Then and only then I...
  6. Make restore points valid to the user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make restore points valid to the user: When I make a RESTORE POINT, I expect it to be there to be used properly by ME.Not deleted without any forwarning. I want to restore my private pc to my restore point.Then I can have the computer in the same condition as when the restore point was made.Then and only then I...
  7. Make restore points valid to the user

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not make Restore points anymore and deletes Restore points I make...: My system Restore folder is empty and "eats" any new Restore points I make and save within a day. A search shows it has been an ongoing problem for Windows Users. Anything new to fix it? I have the latest version of Windows 10 and very good Norton Antivirus running....
  9. How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I make windows 10 automatically make restore points?: So far I only received a restore point for when I installed a LAN driver and when I make them manually. Why can't it create more like it used to? 28951
  10. System Restore not making restore point before updates.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not making restore point before updates.: So why did Microsoft change this? If I remember correctly all previous versions would create a system restore point before doing Microsoft updates. Since 10 installed all updates that come in for me are downloaded and installed without a restore point. I had one last night...