Windows 10: I change my all PC parts and trying to transfer License but can't transfer it.

Discus and support I change my all PC parts and trying to transfer License but can't transfer it. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I change everything in PC. I don't have old parts since they are too old. Now I am try to transfer license but can't transfer it from troubleshoot. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nareshps, Feb 27, 2020.

1. nareshps Win User

I change my all PC parts and trying to transfer License but can't transfer it.

I change everything in PC. I don't have old parts since they are too old. Now I am try to transfer license but can't transfer it from troubleshoot. It showing Error CODE: 0xC004C008 I Tried to contact Microsoft customer care but they are not receiving call after 1 Hour of waiting. Can anyone please suggest any solution. Thank you in Advance :

:)

nareshps, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Feb 27, 2020
  4. PKJ
    pkj Win User

Transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC

I have purchased a new PC and I would like to transfer Windows license from my old PC to the new one. I am using Windows 10 (which was upgraded from Win 8.1) on my older computer and is activated with a licence linked to my Microsoft account. On my new PC, I have installed fresh copy of Win 10 using Media Creation Tool. To activate Windows on the new PC, I attempted the following, but have not deactivated Windows on the old PC (deactivation procedure described here)-

Settings > Update & Security > Activation> Troubleshoot> I changed hardware on this device recently> Logged into my connected Microsoft account > This is the device I’m using right now > Activate.

After performing the above, I am unable to activate Windows on my new PC. Please help me with the following-

1. Do I need to deactivate windows on older PC first?
    2. Does Microsoft entitle users to transfer licenses to new PC?
    3. Is there anything else which I have missed out?

If this helps- slmgr -dli gives the following

I change my all PC parts and trying to transfer License but can't transfer it. LTP2X.jpg

Thema:

1. I change my all PC parts and trying to transfer License but can't transfer it. - Similar Threads - change parts trying

2. Why can't I transfer my Windows license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I transfer my Windows license?: Hi! I have a problem with Windows reactivation. I have a Windows 10 PC where I have a license. I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 11 on it, but I can't transfer the license. What I tried to do:1. Enter the license key manually: I get an error like this screenshot...
  3. Why can't I transfer my Windows license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I transfer my Windows license?: Hi! I have a problem with Windows reactivation. I have a Windows 10 PC where I have a license. I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 11 on it, but I can't transfer the license. What I tried to do:1. Enter the license key manually: I get an error like this screenshot...
  4. Are all digital licenses transferable ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all digital licenses transferable ?: Hi, i am planning to upgrade my motherboard and CPU and because windows recognizes a changed motherboard as a new computer ,i am wondering if i can reactivate my Windows 10 using the activation troubleshooter. My digital license is already linked to my microsoft account....
  5. can't transfer windows license to a new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't transfer windows license to a new pc: Hi, I have a problem transfering Windows 10 license from old pc to new. I get activation error code 0xC004C003 on new pc, which should mean that it's not valid product key. At first I uninstalled the product key from old pc by using "slmgr /upk" and then installed it on...
  6. Can't transfer license to a new PC

Can't transfer license to a new PC: Hi! My old PC has been dead for about 8 - 9 months now and I haven't tried to replace it. Till now, amidst the current crisis that I have to attend my classes through the internet and my phone isn't really cutting it anymore. So my father found an old PC from his workplace...
  7. Can't transfer a digital license

Can't transfer a digital license: I have 4 copies of Windows 10 on a digital license, signed in under my Microsoft Account. 3 are fine, the 4th is for a PC I haven't used in over a year as it died. Recently I built a new one and wanted to use the 4th license. When I try to activate I don't see it as an...
  8. Transfer my license

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer my license: How do I transfer my license wiondows home to windows pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-my-license/7432a1d1-7ddd-4fd4-826d-4e66cbb3b8b6
  9. Transfer my license

Transfer my license: how do I transfer my license to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-my-license/639e8f35-a2d2-4ea4-af71-f2012436c3b6"
  10. Transfer my license

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer my license: how do I transfer my license to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-my-license/39907685-a691-4bc9-ab64-62e05e54a7b6