Windows 10: i change my default browser but it does not work

Discus and support i change my default browser but it does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi i change my default browser to chrome and it was done. but whenever i click on a link or windows want to open a web page, it use opera for it. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jalalrazavi, Aug 31, 2019.

1. i change my default browser but it does not work

hi

i change my default browser to chrome and it was done.

but whenever i click on a link or windows want to open a web page, it use opera for it. i need to use opera in some of my projects and i can't delete it for fixing this problem.

i tried to changing my default browser to other browsers; but it does not help and windows always use opera no matter what i selected for my default browser.

any help for this problem? does opera have an illegal access to my windows setting??

by the way i always use windows 10 latest version.

thank you for read my problem and care about it

:)

jalalrazavi, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 31, 2019
  4. i change my default browser but it does not work

default browser not working

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Is this happening while opening website shortcut or URL link?

Is this only happening with browser? How about the other file formats?

With your description, we tried to reproduce the issue and noticed that everything is working fine. Click
    Reset in the Default apps page. Now this will bring back the
    Microsoft Edge as default browser. Reboot your PC, then go back to
    Default apps page and then try to change it to
    Google Chrome
    and see if it works fine.

Note: By clicking Reset will reset all
    Default programs to Microsoft recommended defaults.

Suggest you try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

* Click Start,

* TypeDefault Programs and select theDefault Programs from the list

* Click Set Default Programs
    and select thedesired app or Browser from the program list

* Click on Set this program as default
    or you can also use the option Choose default for this program
    to select the files manually which should use this app.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

i change my default browser but it does not work

1. i change my default browser but it does not work - Similar Threads - change default browser

2. Can't change my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change my default browser: I've recently been attacked by a malware/virus. After that, a lot of things stopped working. My Opera GX browser ceased to open even after reinstalling, so I deleted. I can still use chrome and microsoft edge, so that problem was solved. The main problem right now is I can't...
  3. Stop changing my default browser

Stop changing my default browser: Every time I launch Firefox my default browser has been CHANGED to the MS whatever it is. Stop this. Is there a simple direct means of doing this. I have already set firefox as my default browser by the normal method, so please do not state that. I really don't have time...
  4. Changing The Default Browser . .

Changing The Default Browser . .: Firefox . . . Is, my default browser. When, I click on my email. It opens, with Firefox. I have, other browsers. But I just, installed, 360 Extreme Browser. I'm trying, to make it, the default browser. So, I clicked on my email, link. It, opened using, the Firefox...
  5. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  6. Updates change my default Browser.

Updates change my default Browser.: Hi, It seems that everytime I turn my computer on or there has been an update, I have to reset Google Chrome as my Browser because windows has changed it back to Edge. I am wondering if there is a permanent fix for this as this is becoming such an inconvenience that I am...
  7. Changing default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default browser: I have Lenovo and want to change default browser. Please help me change the default browser. Thank you Brian M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-browser/21f4bddc-91ea-43d5-93e4-cc52d6c8d8cc
  8. change default browser

change default browser: I cannot change my browser and home page and start up to google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser/5623d04e-53f8-4346-8946-0057ef02fcbe"
  9. Change default browser

Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  10. Changing Edge as my default browser!

Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does changing browser default not work?

2. default browser not working

3. default browser change not working