Windows 10: I change the folder name and now I can't open it

Discus and support I change the folder name and now I can't open it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I change the name of one folder, from this moment I can't open the folder. I reciver the announcement with the path and that "the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PASARELA, Sep 16, 2015.

1. PASARELA Win User

I change the folder name and now I can't open it

Hi Everyone,
    I change the name of one folder, from this moment I can't open the folder. I reciver the announcement with the path and that "the folder is not accessible. Access is denided."
    If i clik right click > properties, I see 0 bytes inside, but I know that there are a lot of files inside.
    In the security tab there is " You must have read permission to view the properties. Click Advanced to continue" but when I click Advanced, there is no posibility to change enything....!

I change the folder name and now I can't open it [​IMG]

No matter what i click, the message appears again....
    I tryed to take ownership but nothing.....

Help please !

TNX

:)

PASARELA, Sep 16, 2015

2. I change the folder name. Now I can't open it.

Hi

Thanks for the quick answer ( I had problems getting into my acccount...)

Now to the answers:

1- When I try to open the folder ( only this specific folder ) I recive this error message:

2-I have this problem only with this folder after I chanche the folder's name.

3- I did not make any change prior the problem, only change the name of the folder and then start the issue.

Abouth Method 1:

I'm not allowed to change the permission !

When I click properties and security tab, I see this:

Then I click Advanced, I see:

If I click "Change", this is what I see:

and:

But I can't change the administrator permission in any place !!

Abouth Method 2:

I try taking ownership of the folder and nothing....

Help please...

Thank You

PASARELAWINER, Sep 16, 2015
  3. alexwiner Win User
    I change the folder name. Now I can't open it.

Hy,

I changed a folder name and now I can not get into it and open it...

It's write:

"the folder is not accessible" and the folder path.

Also writes: "Accses is denied"

When I click the right mouse button to returns the previous name, The security tab requires authorization manager. I trying to replace the permissions, and they are completely empty .....

If I click "change" in the last picture, appears "you don't have permission"

I run takeownership but nothing happends...

Help please.

Thank you

alexwiner, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

I change the folder name and now I can't open it

1. I change the folder name and now I can't open it - Similar Threads - change folder name

2. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  3. I can't change my name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my name: There is also a little globe behind the user. I am the only one in my organization, so I have no clue why I can't change my name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name/eb85b095-8572-43e2-9d49-c98dc8f05a94
  4. How do I change a folder name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a folder name?: How do I change the name of a folder? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-a-folder-name/9bdfbd8a-97a6-4ec9-82b3-9e94158a06f6
  5. Can I change name of user folder,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change name of user folder,: When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed? submitted by /u/BLiIxy [link]...
  6. I Can't Change my name

I Can't Change my name: [ATTACH] Why is there no "Change your account name"? https://preview.redd.it/f1iq58cecp661.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=24931129a14b1e284f04107abe815a01110a22f0 submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  7. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot change OneDrive folder name: Hi, I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture" folders are referring to this folder. The alias shows "OneDrive" and not "OneDrive-1", but now I want to change the folder name...
  8. How can i change folders name to extension names?

How can i change folders name to extension names?: So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1 by 1 takes way too long, so is there a way to rename them to the correct name in a bulk? submitted by /u/MK_Madness...
  9. can't change the name of a folder any folder

can't change the name of a folder any folder: hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate what can I do? windows 10, 100 +GB...
  10. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.: Hi there, Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files (documents, downloads, pictures etc) to my second hard drive. However, for some reason, my pictures and desktop folder have been renamed to 'documents' and I can't rename them. I have tried...