Windows 10: I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin...

Discus and support I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i want to recover my admin account. What should i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OdsaixnXaszorig, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin...

I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin... d0466b7e-dd56-4a69-a122-8ec7fcf5e209?upload=true.png

i want to recover my admin account. What should i do?

:)

OdsaixnXaszorig, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

System Admin Shenanigans?

No problem chief its pretty simple to do but usually a multi stage process.

Create an admin account using the control panel.

Then log out and log into the new admin account so windows builds it.

Then log back out and log into the super admin account your currently on.

go into your user directory and copy all of your primary user folders copy everything [CTRL+A] and copy them via right click and copy.

then go into your NEW user account and paste and allow overwrite of all the folders and files.

after it is done log into the new account and make sure everything is working correctly. if it is go to your super admin user account folder and delete all of your private data pictures documents etc.

then open up a command prompt as administrator and type the following

net user Administrator /active:no

and hit enter.

Solaris17, Feb 8, 2020
  3. ypoora1 Win User
    System Admin Shenanigans?

Working on it, that's a lotta gigabytes to toss around!

ypoora1, Feb 8, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin...

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin...

1. I changed admin account to standart user. But everything wants "To continue, enter an admin... - Similar Threads - changed admin account

2. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  3. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  4. Admin and User Account

Admin and User Account: Hello,Sorry for the basic of not already asked questions:When I set up my new windows 11 laptop I am the admin and have a Microsoft account. I’m told I should also have a user account. Is that true?Which should be local?If I make the admin local would I still have access to...
  5. How do i delete admin account frome standart account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete admin account frome standart account: Hi, I have windows 7 and my administration account is saying that it failed to logon and i tried a lot of ways and that didn't help and from some reason i don't have only one sid and he isn't finished with . Bak so nothing workedAnd when i try to manage another account it ask...
  6. How do i delete admin account frome standart account

How do i delete admin account frome standart account: Hi, I have windows 7 and my administration account is saying that it failed to logon and i tried a lot of ways and that didn't help and from some reason i don't have only one sid and he isn't finished with . Bak so nothing workedAnd when i try to manage another account it ask...
  7. "To continue, enter an admin username and password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password": Recently this will pop up with a grayed out "yes" option on my computer when I do almost anything. I've had this computer for 5+ years and suddenly I've lost Administrator permissions. How to fix? (When it first happened, it was fixed when i restarted my laptop. Now that...
  8. how to enter admin user

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enter admin user: how to enter admin user because I didn't see the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-enter-admin-user/274a961c-70c4-433d-a972-793c2a14e631
  9. Change User Account Admin rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to continue enter an admin user name and password