Windows 10: I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help

Discus and support I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop won't play cds. I changed from windows 7 to windows 10. I did find a notification if I wanted to erase a cd, but no play cd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffForcier, Mar 2, 2020.

1. I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help

my laptop won't play cds. I changed from windows 7 to windows 10. I did find a notification if I wanted to erase a cd, but no play cd

:)

JeffForcier, Mar 2, 2020
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Mar 2, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help [​IMG]

zbook, Mar 2, 2020
  4. I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help

My CD ROM can´t read any CDs or DVDs

I wanted to use my CD ROM after a long time, and then after many attempts with other CDs/DVDs, all I can say is that my CD ROM won´t read anything.

I tried solutions online, like using regedit and search for UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but I don´t have them, but it still won´t read anything. I have Windows 7 Home Premium, can anyone help me?

Catalin Constantin, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help

1. I changed from windows 7 to 10 and my laptop won't play cds help - Similar Threads - changed laptop won't

2. Help! Laptop won't change!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Laptop won't change!: HI,So I received this Pavilion Laptop for work and school but I cannot change crucial settings. Everything says, "Access is denied" When I try and change settings such as the ones below...-cannot switch accounts to Administrators-cannot disable/enable firewall-cannot change...
  3. I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't play cds or dvds on Windows 10: play cds or dvds on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-play-cds-or-dvds-on-windows-10/098136a1-212d-49c6-bef3-360e29e777b3
  4. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!: So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3...
  5. Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10

Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10: Hi guys, I need some help. I have a few CDs and DVDs that contains both video and media files that I burned a few years ago using a software on Windows 7, now I'm trying to play them on Windows 10 and nothing happens. I can play any other Original CDs and DVDs on my...
  6. My burned CDs from windows 7 won't play in Win10, after I transferred all my music

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My burned CDs from windows 7 won't play in Win10, after I transferred all my music: I'm excited with my new PC, unfortunately windows media player can not play most of my music collection that I transferred from my old PC, mostly burned CDs into my old PC....
  7. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  8. cds won't play

cds won't play: When I load a cd on windows 10 it pops out and will never play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-wont-play/9a7d8923-a215-4872-b209-8dcfcb9c8fc3
  9. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  10. CDs won't play

CDs won't play: I have never had trouble using an audio cd in my HP 64-bit Windows 10 computer. Popular programs would recognize the audio files for ripping, etc. Groove music would automatically open when I inserted a disk. Now, after a recent Win 10 update this is no longer the case. Disks...