Windows 10: I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

Discus and support I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a box come up on windows 10 saying it had detected that I had some fuzzy icon and windows could fix it. I clicked the box and it said I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bigboygrataddy, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

I had a box come up on windows 10 saying it had detected that I had some fuzzy icon and windows could fix it. I clicked the box and it said I could set the icons 100% - 500%. I selected 200, now everything is double the size and no clearer then before. How do I set it back to the original setting?

Thanks

John

:)

bigboygrataddy, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 13, 2018
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

change desk icon size in windows 10

Hi Beth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to system tray and click on all settings
    • Select system, click on display
    • Go to the right side of the Display segment and use the slider to
      change the size of text, apps and other items on your Windows 10
    To resize the desktop icons, select all the icons on the desktop (or only the ones you want to resize), hold down the Control key and rotate the mouse wheel. All of the selected icons will resize.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original

1. I changed icon size to repair fuzzines, want to set back to original - Similar Threads - changed icon size

2. How to I change display resolution back to original 1360x760 setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I change display resolution back to original 1360x760 setting: Somehow my display resolution settings got changed to 1368x768, but I want to go back to the original setting,which was 1360x760, but nothing is working to change it.Thank youPitbulls *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. I changed file explorer icon and I want back the original, only changes when I pin it to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed file explorer icon and I want back the original, only changes when I pin it to...: Recently, I wanted to change my windows 11 icons to something more aesthetically pleasing, however I realised that I enjoyed the original icons more. I was able to change all of the icons back to normal except for file explorer. Any help?...
  4. I changed file explorer icon and I want back the original, only changes when I pin it to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed file explorer icon and I want back the original, only changes when I pin it to...: Recently, I wanted to change my windows 11 icons to something more aesthetically pleasing, however I realised that I enjoyed the original icons more. I was able to change all of the icons back to normal except for file explorer. Any help?...
  5. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  6. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  7. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Going back to original settings in scaling size

Going back to original settings in scaling size: A few days ago, in an effort to get my screen to fit properly on my 55" television, I made the mistake of going into the advanced scaling settings to try to create a customized scaling size. Now, I can't seem to undo it and go back to setting the scaling on the Display...
  9. How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I resize the taskbar Icon back to its original size: After upgrading to Windows 10 ver.1803.xxx the Icons on the Taskbar get very large when opening the corresponding app. As you can see on the screenshot the 2 apps that are open, Total Commander & Chrome, appear as very wide Icons on the Taskbar. With multiple apps open it...
  10. want my desktop icons back to original way

want my desktop icons back to original way: We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also. How can I get them back in their...