Windows 10: i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

Discus and support i changed mobo w10 asking to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i changed mobo w10 asking to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by miguelbau, May 7, 2019.

1. miguelbau Win User

i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

:)

miguelbau, May 7, 2019
  2. Popalu_99 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade and re-install after MOBO change

I currently have a PC with Windows 10 installed on it. The main components of the PC are working OK, but there is an issue with the sound card element of the motherboard, which means the sound is not working anymore. I am now looking at replacing the MOBO
    to fix this problem, but believe that if I do this, then the W10 version will no longer be activated.

Is this correct? If so, how do I replace the MOBO without having to buy a new licence for W10?

I have 6 PC's all running W10, but the one affected is my gaming rig, so having no sound is an issue and the MOBO needs to be changed, prior to anything else going wrong with it.

Do I have to purchase W10 or can I swap the board, install the drive with the OS on and hope that it works?

Any advice is appreciated, prior to me doing anything

Popalu_99, May 7, 2019
  3. Chris[L] Win User
    Can not activate windows 10 after replacing MOBO

Can't get my windows 10 to activate. Had a windows 7 then upgraded to 10 prior to changing the MOBO. Was wondering what I can do and yes I did all the steps and no I did not have my account linked. Could someone please help

Chris[L], May 7, 2019
  4. i changed mobo w10 asking to activate

W10 activation

My w10 system suddenly asks for activation after 2 years of normal operation.

No hardware changes.

What to do?

Ot Jonkers, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. i changed mobo w10 asking to activate - Similar Threads - changed mobo w10

2. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mobo change activation fail: My computer recently died and unfortunately I need to change almost of my computer parts. I was told that I can use the same Windows so I did. I downloaded the Windows 10 using other device and use it to perform clean install. After installing I sign in my MS account which I...
  3. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobo change activation fail: My computer recently died and unfortunately I need to change almost of my computer parts. I was told that I can use the same Windows so I did. I downloaded the Windows 10 using other device and use it to perform clean install. After installing I sign in my MS account which I...
  4. mobo change activation fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  6. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  7. troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    troubles activating W10 after MOBO change (and W10 edition change?): Dear all, thanks in advance to anyone who will help. I recently had to change MOBO due to stupid me pouring tea on top of my desktop. I brought it to a computer shop who seems to have been very transparent and competent. The computer had everything installed already, but I...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. Windows Activation after mobo change

Windows Activation after mobo change: Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD with my product key stated on it - as I assumed my license was tied to my digital account. I have recently upgraded my mobo...
  10. Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?: I am presently running a FREE W10 which is fully up to date, upgraded from W7; I presently have a AMD CPU Powered MOBO etc. but plan to shortly install a NEW Intel CPU and MOBO and am concerned from some of the things that I have read - that this might trigger MS not allowing...