Windows 10: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

Discus and support I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wasupol Indrapiromkul, Oct 7, 2021.

1. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the “Windows Key+R” then type “Regedit“.2. Navigate to this path “Key_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList“. Find my account from the list. Then, right-click on the account then tap “Modify“. A small window will appear. Type the new account name and hit the “OK” button.Visual ex

:)

Wasupol Indrapiromkul, Oct 7, 2021
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

Ah so just ignore the 'Brink' and use the 'Brink2' as the example

And step 1 and 2, I was confused at that part also.
    For example, my user account is called for e.g 'wizzle'
    If I want to change the name to 'wizzle2', and by following steps 1 and 2;
    -I sign out of my MS account (step 1)...and then sign in?

I understand the steps 3 onwards but steps 1 and 2 with the sign out/in was confusing :?

C0zzie, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

1. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. - Similar Threads - changed account name

2. Why can’t I sign into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I sign into my account: I can’t sign into my Microsoft account. I was notified that someone keeps trying to get into my account in different countries so I changed my password but when I sign back in I keep getting told that my account has been breached so it’s being secured. I can’t get in my...
  3. Why can’t I sign into my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I sign into my account: I can’t sign into my Microsoft account. I was notified that someone keeps trying to get into my account in different countries so I changed my password but when I sign back in I keep getting told that my account has been breached so it’s being secured. I can’t get in my...
  4. I can’t sign in to my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  5. I can’t sign in to my account.

I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  6. I can’t sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the...
  8. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the...
  9. I can’t sign in to my Minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in to my Minecraft account: A while ago I made a minecraft acount on my old computer. When I got my new computer a couple years after that I got minecraft from the Microsoft store. When minecraft downloaded clicked the sign in butten in the bottem left corner anf all it said was “ we tried to sign you...
  10. I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess: Good evening guys, Today I changed my username and Change User Profile Folder Name but on my hard disk everything right now every program, files and my drives are registered too my previous name [img] as you guys can see from the above image my previous account name...