Windows 10: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

Discus and support I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wasupol Indrapiromkul, Oct 7, 2021.

1. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the “Windows Key+R” then type “Regedit“.2. Navigate to this path “Key_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList“. Find my account from the list. Then, right-click on the account then tap “Modify“. A small window will appear. Type the new account name and hit the “OK” button.Visual ex

:)

Wasupol Indrapiromkul, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

1. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. - Similar Threads - changed account name

2. Why can’t I sign into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I sign into my account: I can’t sign into my Microsoft account. I was notified that someone keeps trying to get into my account in different countries so I changed my password but when I sign back in I keep getting told that my account has been breached so it’s being secured. I can’t get in my...
  3. Why can’t I sign into my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can’t I sign into my account: I can’t sign into my Microsoft account. I was notified that someone keeps trying to get into my account in different countries so I changed my password but when I sign back in I keep getting told that my account has been breached so it’s being secured. I can’t get in my...
  4. I can’t sign in to my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  5. I can’t sign in to my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t sign in to my account.: I recently got a used laptop from a friend and reset it. I wanted to change my password which is presently too long and midway through I ran out of internet data and therefore lost connection with Microsoft. When I got ready to continue setting up Microsoft demanded internet...
  6. I can’t sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the...
  8. I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account.: I changed my account name through Regedit and now I can’t sign into my account. Instead, Windows are signing me into a temporary account.The method I’ve followed to change my account name in detail is as followed:Registry Editor Regedit1. Open “Run” window by pressing the...
  9. I can’t sign in to my Minecraft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in to my Minecraft account: A while ago I made a minecraft acount on my old computer. When I got my new computer a couple years after that I got minecraft from the Microsoft store. When minecraft downloaded clicked the sign in butten in the bottem left corner anf all it said was “ we tried to sign you...
  10. I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I changed my account name and now my account permissions is a mess: Good evening guys, Today I changed my username and Change User Profile Folder Name but on my hard disk everything right now every program, files and my drives are registered too my previous name [img] as you guys can see from the above image my previous account name...