Windows 10: I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...

Discus and support I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just as the title says... I changed my AppData file to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my programs won't run... I tried resetting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeremy2_569, Apr 2, 2020.

1. I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...

Just as the title says...

I changed my AppData file to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my programs won't run...

I tried resetting my PC, but I keep getting the message: There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

I can't figure out how to remedy/fix either of these issues. And I'm not very tech savvy.

Any help would be much appreciated as I've been trying to fix this all day to no avail.

Thanks

Jeremy

:)

Jeremy2_569, Apr 2, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Forceflow Win User
    Searching hidden files/folders

This is what I do:
    • In explorer, browse to C:/Username
    • Start a search there containing a folder name I know is in C:/Username/Appdata/Local
    • The folder does not appear in search

Hidden files and folders are marked to be visible everywhere.
    It seems like recursive search doesn't descend into hidden files/folders, because when I browse to Appdata and search there, I find it.

Any way to change this behaviorr?

Forceflow, Apr 2, 2020
  4. I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...

Why is file explorer not searching hidden folders in the users folder?

Please pay attention: (shown in picture)

I've put a file in:
    C:\Users\jorge\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles\

and the same file in:
    C:\Users\anton\Documents

When I do a File Explorer search for this file in the users folder (c:\users) or inside a user's folder (such as c:\users\anton), it finds the file in Documents, but not in the AppData folder.

Yet, if I do the same search in C: it returns both files.

Hidden files are being shown (enabled in File Explorer: view > show hidden files). Appdata is not being indexed (it's listed in the exclusion list in Indexing options).

Same result in 2 different computers in 1903 and after updating to 1909

Any help much appreciated *Tongue

I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my... [​IMG]

antonio3535, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...

1. I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my... - Similar Threads - changed AppData file

2. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  3. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  4. How do I change the default AppData folder back to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the default AppData folder back to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming?: Good Day, Microsoft Support.A few months ago I was forced to move the AppData used by apps and games to another drive due to storage issues. Before, I believe the location was at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming but now the AppData location is D:\Users\Appdata.Now that I...
  5. How do I change the default AppData folder back to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the default AppData folder back to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming?: Good Day, Microsoft Support.A few months ago I was forced to move the AppData used by apps and games to another drive due to storage issues. Before, I believe the location was at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming but now the AppData location is D:\Users\Appdata.Now that I...
  6. I formatted my HDD, but now there are still folders on Appdata.

I formatted my HDD, but now there are still folders on Appdata.: Hello,I formatted my HDD, on which were many programs and games. The problem is that on appdata there are still the folders of these programs. What should i do? Can i delete them?...
  7. Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders

Change hidden files/folders attribute for individual files or folders: Ref previous article at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cannot-change-view-hidden-files-for-a-specific/d362a9a3-07cd-47af-8e97-6ae4a124c29a Issue: The folder attribute "show hidden files and folders" in the folder view options is,...
  8. AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??

AppData and ProgramData are they now hidden??: Hello in the past, I was able to open and inspect files in AppData Roaming and ProgramData folders on C:\Users\.... These two folder destinations are not there anymore BUT until the last update. They were in the directory for years, and I need to access AppData Roaming for...
  9. HIdden Files not shown

in Windows 10 Support
    HIdden Files not shown: I have around 15 hidden files in c:\ that don't show up in file explorer even with 'show hidden files' checked in view options. Is this something Microsoft is doing deliberately? How do I get them to show up? 135218
  10. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...