Windows 10: I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my...

Discus and support I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I get my internet explorer back? I didn;t know that by adding Edge, that I was losing explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaBrown822, Jul 12, 2020.

1. I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my...

How can I get my internet explorer back? I didn;t know that by adding Edge, that I was losing explorer.

:)

LindaBrown822, Jul 12, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. I can't make internet Internet Explorer as a default browser in Windows 10 (only option is Microsoft Edge)

Hi Martin,

Microsoft Edge was established as the default web browser in
    Windows 10
    when you upgrade. Based on the information that you've provided, you've already changed the default browser from Edge to
    Internet Explorer, but it's no longer working appropriately right now. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying to set Internet Explorer again as the default browser. Also, were there any
    changes recently prior to experiencing the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you make Internet Explorer your default browser by following the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then choose
      Internet options.
    • Select the Programs tab, and then choose Make default.
    • Select OK, and then close Internet Explorer.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Jul 12, 2020
  4. I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my...

I have windows 10 and remove edge as my default and replaced with internet explorer as my default now i can not open hyper links in my email, help.

I have windows 10 and remove edge as my default and replaced with internet explorer as my default now i can not open hyper links in my email, help.

I have Windows 10 and I use Microsoft Outlook for my email. Windows 10 has Microsoft Edge as default I don’t like Edge so I made Microsoft Internet Explorer my default web browser. When I made Internet Explorer my default my hyperlinks
    in Outlook email will not go to the targeted link. When I click on the hyperlinks in my email it will go to my home page (www.bing.com).

When I go back and make Microsoft Edge my default browser all hyperlinks in my emails work just fine, will go right to the targeted link.

So I go back and make Microsoft Internet Explorer my default browser everything works good all but my hyperlinks in my emails will not go to targeted link, instead I will be hyperlinked to my home page (www.bing.com).

I have tried everything that I know and everything that other has suggested to do with the same results. All email hyperlinks in my email it will go to my home page (www.bing.com).

Please somebody out there has to have the answer to this. Add please I have tried everything for 6 weeks now, please NO MORE BS PLEASE! Im about to trash this Windows 10 if I can not fix this problem!

Thank you,

Anthony

I have tried all of the below, No Thing has help.

1. How exactly did you remove Microsoft Edge?
    I did not remove Edge, it is not my default app. I made IE my default.

2. What happens when you try to open the links from your E-mail?When clicked on it goes to my home page, not the link that I clicked on.

3. Do you receive any error code or message while trying to open the links?No errors.

4. Are you able to browse through Internet Explorer?
    Yes.

1. Are you connected to Internet? Yes.

2. Did you try checking with different e-mail account if you are able to receive or send e-mails?Yes, email all works with ‘Edge and IE. The links work in Edge, but, not
    in IE. All other enter net operations work good.

3. Are you referring to outlook.com or Microsoft office outlook or Mail app on Windows 10? Microsoft office outlook on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to copy the link from the outlook mail and paste it on the Internet Explorer.

Check if the link is working fine.

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer as default browser and check if issues still occurs.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Try resetting Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

I have tried all of the above and None has help.

Thank you,

Anthony

AnthonyCrump, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my...

1. I changed my browser from internet explorer to Microsoft Edge. Now I have none of my... - Similar Threads - changed browser internet

2. none of my browsers will open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my browsers will open: None of my browsers will open, chrome, Firefox. None of them. This happened to me before I had to reset my laptop entirely. I can’t do that this time I have assignments to do. Can anyone help...
  3. None of my browsers working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    None of my browsers working: All my browsers are not working include chrome, mozilla firefox and Microsoft edge. But my whatsupp and telegram apps working well. I dont know if it happen after i updtae the windows or what...
  4. None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.

None of my browsers are working correctly with the internet besides Edge.: I've been having this problem basically ever since I got this new computer a few months ago. Only Edge seems to always connect to the internet. I've tried Google Chrome and Opera and they work occasionally, but they usually say it's taking too long and don't connect. I can...
  5. None of my browsers are working!

None of my browsers are working!: When I try to go on some websites this screen shows up. This happens with every browser I've tested.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/none-of-my-browsers-are-working/befb9769-8bec-44b1-be3f-f36baa791599
  6. I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...

I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...: Help How do I get Edge back ? I can't even find Internet Explorer listed in Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-using-internet-edge-but-now-it-is-not-there/aaa71118-24a5-46a7-bb76-11a3aee12ba9
  7. Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?

Edge Browser not working and Internet Explorer removed from PC?: Sometime last night I believe an update was done on my PC due to the messages I received before I stopped working on it. Now today, I can't access EDGE (it opens then disappears almost immediately) and Internet Explorer appears to no longer be on my PC. I have no browsers...
  8. Uninstalled powershell and edge, now I have changed my mind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled powershell and edge, now I have changed my mind: The title says it all. I need to get those 2 things back, since I uninstalled them before thinking I wouldn't need them. My primary concern is with edge, I really need that browser back. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to factory reset my laptop. 118374
  9. Switch from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

Switch from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: what are the problems with switching from internet explorer to microsoft edge [Original Title: software] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/switch-from-internet-explorer-to-microsoft-edge/d6b1adc5-a373-45ae-b600-469fecb9f688
  10. None of my browsers are working (except Edge)

in Browsers and Email
    None of my browsers are working (except Edge): I'm running Windows 10, and a couple days ago, both Google Chrome and Firefox stopped working. I can open them, but Firefox doesn't open any of my tabs that I had, instead opening a single tab that just says "connecting". As far as I can tell, it will do that forever until I...