Windows 10: I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C?

Discus and support I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My C drive, which has Windows on it, is an SSD with limited storage. I do not want to fill it up, so i have another disk, D. Which has a lot of free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MubeenRizwan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C?

My C drive, which has Windows on it, is an SSD with limited storage. I do not want to fill it up, so i have another disk, D. Which has a lot of free storage on it, i download pretty much everything onto D. Regarding Microsoft Store, i wish to download some games from there, but i am wondering where they will get installed? The "WindowsApps" folder is located on my D drive, so i am assuming all apps will get installed over there?

:)

MubeenRizwan, Dec 5, 2020
  2. XLAAX Win User

Changing Default Save Location for Apps to D Drive and applying will instantly revert it back to C Drive.

Hi,

After some headaches of trying to get metro apps like store, calculator, etc. working, which seems to be mostly working now, my new problem is I can't change the default location for new apps in settings to D Drive for some reason, despite being able to
    manually select D drive for Gears of war 4 and it downloading and installing there seemingly fine in the end.

Whenever I click D drive and click apply, it just switches it back to C, and everything else back to C if I changed them.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

This seems similar to this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/changing-default-save-location-reverts-back-to-c/b82778d9-322f-4fea-a53b-ff0d5eeeffb9?page=1

Also having a problem with the store with some apps giving me a "Try again later. Something happened on our end" when trying to download them. In this case, ReCore and Forza Horizon 3. Downloading Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Halo 5: Forge fine currently
    though, but those two games just constantly give the same error message. Tried wsreset, but still the same messages.

Thanks

XLAAX, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Changing Default Save Location

Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the (CI changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? :) drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my (DI changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? :) Hard Drive. Example: (DI changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? :) >Gagnon >Documents

In other words my D: drive was made the default location for Documents.

My question is this: How can I make the connection between my new SSD drive (CI changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? :) and my (DI changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? :) drive so that my Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures are saved on D.

Thank you for your time and response.

Leon Gagnon

LeonGagnon, Dec 5, 2020
  4. I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C?

Tried to change my defult location from C: to D: but doesn't work

Recently I noticed my C: drive is almost full. So I try to change my location to D: so my content won't automatically save to C: drive and further eat my C: drive space. but then i realized i can't change the default location to my D: drive. I went into
    System in my settings and change the default location to D: drive but then when i gonna install a new software i saw the default location is still on C: drive. How can I fix that?

CheeKarlson, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C?

1. I changed my default save locations, will games be downloaded on my D drive or C? - Similar Threads - changed default save

2. I changed the default location of my Folders from C to D drive, but now not able to see my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the default location of my Folders from C to D drive, but now not able to see my...: Please help me with this issue, I can access my pictures and desktop folder from the quick access but not able to access from the D drive as i can access others one. Also i have upgraded to windows 11 but my command prompt as of windows 10, as i know the windows 11 has new ui...
  3. I changed the default location of my Folders from C to D drive, but now not able to see my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the default location of my Folders from C to D drive, but now not able to see my...: Please help me with this issue, I can access my pictures and desktop folder from the quick access but not able to access from the D drive as i can access others one. Also i have upgraded to windows 11 but my command prompt as of windows 10, as i know the windows 11 has new ui...
  4. I can't change my default app save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my default app save location: i tried to change my default app save location from my C to my D drive, whenever i try this a message pops up saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" When i click no nothing happens...
  5. I have all of my save defaults set to my D Drive, but everything still saves to C Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have all of my save defaults set to my D Drive, but everything still saves to C Drive.: This is really annoying and quite honestly angering that there is a setting for this that just does nothing. Would really appreciate some help....
  6. Can't set D drive as default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set D drive as default save location: I'm trying to set my D drive as my default for installing apps but keep getting an error 0x80073d0e [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-d-drive-as-default-save-location/6b331c2f-20ea-4237-8e4e-788bc4157660
  7. How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?: I want to download Nvidia Control Panel, but my C Drive is too full and I want to download it on my internal D, but I cannot figure out how to make it download to my D. It automatically selects my C drive and I don't know how to tell it to download to my D. Can someone please...
  8. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  9. Change default save location to a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...
  10. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...