Windows 10: I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot

Discus and support I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I built an entirely new PC but kept the HDD from my old setup. The problem is that I now need to reactivate Windows, but the troubleshooting won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Micah., Sep 4, 2019.

1. Micah. Win User

I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot

So I built an entirely new PC but kept the HDD from my old setup. The problem is that I now need to reactivate Windows, but the troubleshooting won't work. If I could talk to an agent through my PC that would be nice, or if someone could give me an answer. Thanks

:)

Micah., Sep 4, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot [​IMG]

zbook, Sep 4, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 4, 2019
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

tamo, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot - Similar Threads - changed hardware won't

2. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-some-hardware-in-my-machine-and-now/79d603f7-859e-4a5d-b09a-84223c1cc94d
  3. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-some-hardware-in-my-machine-and-now/79d603f7-859e-4a5d-b09a-84223c1cc94d
  4. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  6. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  7. Windows 10 Hardware Change Troubleshooter: "Request Blocked."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Hardware Change Troubleshooter: "Request Blocked.": Hey everyone, I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU, and RAM in my PC to the latest, and was reading into how Windows binds itself to the motherboard so when you change it you need to reactivate. I followed the "Prepare your Windows 10 device for a hardware change" steps...
  8. Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail

Windows 10 Activation - Hardware Change - Troubleshoot fail: Hi, I just had to change my Motherboard, CPU, and Ram. I started the computer up and it worked, no pop ups about accounts. I proceded to reinstall windows, and then noted that my copy of windows wasn't activated. I ran the Activation troubleshooter and it find one...
  9. Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.

Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.: Changed motherboard and CPU, now windows won't activate. Troubleshooting doesn't work. I have my key, but how the hell can I activate it? error: 0xC0EA000A Pro Education edition....
  10. Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.

Windows 10 Troubleshooter not reactivating my windows license after a hardware change.: I recently replaced my motherboard, ram, and CPU in my PC and I've looked everywhere. Everyone is saying to connect my Microsoft account (I've already done that) and to use the troubleshooter to reactivate my license. The problem is that when I tell the troubleshooter that I...