Windows 10: I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

Discus and support I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed the memory of my computer using msconfig under boot I selected 0 bytes and now my computer is not working.How can I change that using cmd?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Miriti, May 29, 2023.

1. I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

I changed the memory of my computer using msconfig under boot I selected 0 bytes and now my computer is not working.How can I change that using cmd?

:)

James Miriti, May 29, 2023
  2. Aidan Jee Win User

Msconfig - Maximum Boot Memory Setting defaulting to 0

Hi,

I have a Fujitisu Windows 10 PC with 16GB of RAM. I need to set the memory to 8192 in msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > Maximum Memory. However, when I try to set it, as soon as you click 'OK' and go back into it, it has defaulted to 0 (even when using
    'Make Boot Settings Permanent').

I am able to set it to 2048 and below but 8192 will not stay as the setting. If you put in other amounts it will change the number to a seemingly arbitrary figure (e.g 8000 > 3904) but the setting will stay. I try 8192 again and no success.

I have tried using the command line truncate memory command which does change the available memory, but changing it in this manner is then not reflected in msconfig, which is required for the software to interface with the hardware.

How am I able to get the 8192 value to set? This is required for some very specific hardware and the supplier says it is an OS issue.

Thanks in advance.

Aidan

***Post has been moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Aidan Jee, May 29, 2023
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, May 29, 2023
  4. ram93 Win User

I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 29, 2023
Thema:

I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

1. I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not... - Similar Threads - changed laptop memory

2. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig: I am running dual boot and want to change the drive id on msconfig https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-boot-drive-name-on-msconfig/197bef36-ed36-4e8e-abd0-b483573ed92f
  3. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig: I am running dual boot and want to change the drive id on msconfig https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-boot-drive-name-on-msconfig/197bef36-ed36-4e8e-abd0-b483573ed92f
  4. I want to change my boot drive name on msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't...: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-changed-the-number-of-cores-in-msconfig-and/745c12b4-8439-4577-a535-56fe3f89bbd8
  6. So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't...: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-changed-the-number-of-cores-in-msconfig-and/745c12b4-8439-4577-a535-56fe3f89bbd8
  7. So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Please help! i use msconfig to optimize my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help! i use msconfig to optimize my computer: my pc just randomly died after messing with msconfig im trying to put the password on the cmd but its not workingoh its the pin thing that doesnt let you login with the PIN...
  9. I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...: I changed the memory of my computer using msconfig under boot I selected 0 bytes and now my computer is not working.How can I change that using cmd?...
  10. I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my laptop memory using msconfig under boot I selected 0 and my computer is not...: I changed the memory of my computer using msconfig under boot I selected 0 bytes and now my computer is not working.How can I change that using cmd?...