Windows 10: I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...

Discus and support I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i don’t have backup but if I try to use the email I had on my pc it says it’s being use, I think I can get back my user and my info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arthur Lapez, Jan 30, 2023.

1. I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...

i don’t have backup but if I try to use the email I had on my pc it says it’s being use, I think I can get back my user and my info

:)

Arthur Lapez, Jan 30, 2023

2. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Jan 30, 2023
  4. I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...

Changed device name but user name remained unchanged

Hi Norbert,

Changing the device name may take effect after restarting your computer. It's like making some changes to your computer and needs a restart or reboot for the changes to take effect. However, we suggest that you check if the old user profile are still on
    your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Signed out from the profile that you want to change or remove.
    • Go to System Properties.
    • Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then yype in SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe on the dialogue box.
    • Once done, click on Settings button under User Profiles.
    • Choose the user profile that you want, then click on delete if it's still there.
    • Click Yes to confirm.

We're looking forward to your feedback

Carlos Tin, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...

1. I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information... - Similar Threads - changed user device

2. I had only 1 user, so I decided to turn it from Administrator to Device Owner, but now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had only 1 user, so I decided to turn it from Administrator to Device Owner, but now...: As the title says, I can no longer do any admin stuff anymore. Since I only had 1 user, I do not have an extra Admin account. I tried to activate the secret admin account through the RE environment., but it doesn't show up....
  3. I had only 1 user, so I decided to turn it from Administrator to Device Owner, but now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had only 1 user, so I decided to turn it from Administrator to Device Owner, but now...: As the title says, I can no longer do any admin stuff anymore. Since I only had 1 user, I do not have an extra Admin account. I tried to activate the secret admin account through the RE environment., but it doesn't show up....
  4. I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...

I changed my only user to device owner and now I can’t use it or get all my information...: i don’t have backup but if I try to use the email I had on my pc it says it’s being use, I think I can get back my user and my info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-only-user-to-device-owner-and-now-i/dc768e89-326e-495d-8fb8-d7599e90f296
  5. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

I can’t get into my computer at all!!: I decided to reset my laptop to get rid of all files and just to have it set back to default but instead I can’t log in anymore and safe mode doesn’t remove the log in screen I know it’s not a password issue and I’m at a loss on what to do...
  6. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t get into my computer at all!!: I decided to reset my laptop to get rid of all files and just to have it set back to default but instead I can’t log in anymore and safe mode doesn’t remove the log in screen I know it’s not a password issue and I’m at a loss on what to do...
  7. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I changed my primary user to device owner and i cant get back into it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I changed my primary user to device owner and i cant get back into it: I changed my primary user to device owner now every time i try to do use something that requires admin right it only gives me the option of saying no. I have another account but its not a admin. the built in administrator has a password as well or its just a account that i...
  9. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...
  10. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...