Windows 10: I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

Discus and support I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop and it came with an original/genuine version of Windows 10 Home, then I tried to get it to Windows 10 Pro by using a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James Trent, Jul 4, 2019.

1. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

I recently bought a laptop and it came with an original/genuine version of Windows 10 Home, then I tried to get it to Windows 10 Pro by using a generic product key of Windows 10 Pro, but now it's saying that it will expire by 12/31/2019, How can I revert back? I tried finding the original key that it came with and using that to revert but it says that the product key won't work?

:)

James Trent, Jul 4, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2019
  4. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

1. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it? - Similar Threads - changed original home

2. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  3. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  4. How can I revert to my original windows license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I revert to my original windows license?: I have accidently changed my product key and now I want to revert back to my original license. It is not accepting my orginal product key.My computer came with Windows 10 installed. is there any solution other than clean reinstall? or I can just factory reset it?Please help...
  5. After hardware change I installed windows 11 Pro but i have windows 10 home key how can i...

After hardware change I installed windows 11 Pro but i have windows 10 home key how can i...: After hardware change I installed windows 11 Pro but i have windows 10 home key how can i activate my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-hardware-change-i-installed-windows-11-pro/127eba5d-0661-49d6-9498-dcc0f21afa44
  6. How to revert back to original windows product key

How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  7. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  8. How to revert back to original windows product key

9. How can I change to Windows 10 Pro or Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change to Windows 10 Pro or Home: I’m currently on Windows 10 Enterprise and it has many cons to it such as: the windows key doesn’t do anything, no Microsoft store and I can’t update. Is there any way to change? Or possibly just go back to non-activated Windows 10? submitted by /u/AwesomeBros132 [link]...
  10. Windows 10 pro generic key

Windows 10 pro generic key: Hey guys, I am going to be upgrading to windows 10 pro and I am buying the license key in 3 weeks time. My questions is if I use this generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T today, would it let me use windows fully until I get my own key in 3 weeks time? I had read that...