Windows 10: I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

Discus and support I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop and it came with an original/genuine version of Windows 10 Home, then I tried to get it to Windows 10 Pro by using a generic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by James Trent, Jul 4, 2019.

1. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

I recently bought a laptop and it came with an original/genuine version of Windows 10 Home, then I tried to get it to Windows 10 Pro by using a generic product key of Windows 10 Pro, but now it's saying that it will expire by 12/31/2019, How can I revert back? I tried finding the original key that it came with and using that to revert but it says that the product key won't work?

:)

James Trent, Jul 4, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 4, 2019
  4. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it?

1. I changed my original windows home key to a generic Windows 10 Pro key, how can I revert it? - Similar Threads - changed original home

2. where can I find my windows 10 pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where can I find my windows 10 pro key: Three years ago I bought a surface from China which had window home edition, I changed it to windows pro by paying money. Few weeks ago my surface had a glaring issue, Chinese Microsoft changed my tablet but it still has windows 10 home, I don't remember the key to my window...
  3. Windows 10 Home: I hit some key or key combination that changed my display. Everything is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home: I hit some key or key combination that changed my display. Everything is...: I have no idea what I did but I was typing and must have pressed some key combination that caused my display to change. The entire contents on the screen is squeezed into a narrow "band" in the center of the screen. Very weird. I know about the keys that rotate the display...
  4. Windows 10 pro generic key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro generic key: Hey guys, I am going to be upgrading to windows 10 pro and I am buying the license key in 3 weeks time. My questions is if I use this generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T today, would it let me use windows fully until I get my own key in 3 weeks time? I had read that...
  5. Generic Keys

Generic Keys: Hey guys, When i got this computer I checked the product key using produkey, and I did a search and I found that it is a generic key, now they sent me out a copy of windows 10 home, and I have not used that key yet, so my question is this, if I put my new key in that I...
  6. How can I see my windows 10 key

How can I see my windows 10 key: How can I see my windows 10 key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-see-my-windows-10-key/1e13fbd6-34ea-43d2-b674-97f66fac99ba"
  7. Can I change my Windows 10 enterprise licenses revert to Pro

Can I change my Windows 10 enterprise licenses revert to Pro: I have inherited an IT network for a small NFP and the previous IT person purchased Win 10 Enterprise licences for our computers through a donated software supplier. We are having problems with the enterprise version with our students because it is different to the machines...
  8. I have original window 10 iso with keys but this key is not working .How to activate window...

I have original window 10 iso with keys but this key is not working .How to activate window...: I have original window 10 iso with keys but this key is not working .How to activate window 10 iso https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-have-original-window-10-iso-with-keys-but-this/ac3f5df9-45e7-436f-acde-d6f8cba9e7cf
  9. Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home: Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/5f7a8ad9-9bb2-4a74-b2d0-a18678f84b8d
  10. Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key

Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key: I'm curious, I might have to try this on an extra partition... My computer is fully activated on Pro version. I've also done a clean install after the upgrade and activated immediately just fine. So, let's say I bungled and clean installed Windows 10 Home by mistake. Of...