Windows 10: I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to...

Discus and support I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to change to normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brucejones6, Sep 21, 2019.

1. I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to...

I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to change to normal

:)

Brucejones6, Sep 21, 2019

2. Publisher not printing Wingding

Publisher will not print wingding characters even though it has before. Also, text boxes in Publisher are showing up completely black (never did before.) I had an update to my computer, then the problems started. I uninstalled the updates thinking this
    would solve my problem, but it didn't work.

Wingding Regular, 2 & 3 are all in my font list.

The characters print just fine in PDF form, as do the text boxes.

Can someone help me?

Alison Baade, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 21, 2019
  4. I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to...

Help, Windows 10 system fonts changed to Wingdings

Last night I copied a single font from my Mac to my Windows 10 desktop. I copied the file, right-clicked on it and chose Install. It seemed to work fine, I used the font for a few hours in Photoshop then shutdown and went to bed.

When I booted up this morning all of my fonts were Wingdings or something similar, and my system is basically unusable. I searched the issue and found a bunch of old threads with suggestions. The command prompt is readable and there's hundreds of fonts in
    the C:\Windows\Fonts directory. However, Control Panel\Fonts only shows 3 fonts.

I exported HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Fonts from a working Windows 10 machine and launched the .reg file on my wingdings machine, but it didn't fix the issue.

So then I copied all the files from c:\windows\fonts on my working Windows 10 machine over to the wingdings machine. It created a ton of duplicates in the fonts directory, but it worked. The system fonts slowly started changing back to the correct ones.
    Boot once I reboot they all go back to wingdings, and Control Panel\Fonts goes back to only showing 3 fonts again. So I can continue copying c:\windows\fonts from a good machine to the wingdings machine which seems to reinstall all the fonts but it also keeps
    creating more and more duplicates and the \fonts directory keeps growing, but it still goes back to wingdings after every reboot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to reinstall all of my fonts in a way that will persist after reboots? Short of performing a device reset, I'm saving that for the last resort.

Thanks

Jason

Jason Clishe, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to...

1. I changed my password, now all my characters on desktop, word etc are all wingding? how to... - Similar Threads - changed password characters

2. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  3. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  4. I connected my Laptop to my TV, and changed resolution. Now all my apps on my desktop are gone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I connected my Laptop to my TV, and changed resolution. Now all my apps on my desktop are gone!: I bought a new TV and when I connected my laptop to it, it didn't quite fit my TV screen well. All I did was change resolution to fit screen and seeing that didn't solve the problem, I reverted.After a few minutes, I noticed the apps on my desktop are gone. When I tried to...
  5. I connected my Laptop to my TV, and changed resolution. Now all my apps on my desktop are gone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I connected my Laptop to my TV, and changed resolution. Now all my apps on my desktop are gone!: I bought a new TV and when I connected my laptop to it, it didn't quite fit my TV screen well. All I did was change resolution to fit screen and seeing that didn't solve the problem, I reverted.After a few minutes, I noticed the apps on my desktop are gone. When I tried to...
  6. My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My HP all in one desktop is rejecting my passwords.: so lately I took out my old desktop for school and work but ever since I updated it to the Windows 10 pro 20H2, it has stopped accepting my password, I've tried All my passwords, I started with my desktops usual password, but that wrong for some reason, and it was saying...
  7. I lost all my passwords on all my browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost all my passwords on all my browsers: I lost all my passwords on all my browsers with the last Windows update. Every time I try to get support, I am directed to the spot to "save" passwords. They are still there allowing them to be saved. Each time I sign on to a site, I am asked if I want to save. I always say...
  8. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?: Hello, After a Windows 10 update on 14 May 2020 UTC+6, all my files are changed to an unknown extension. Upon searching on the internet I found out that it is maybe a ransomware attack. I have 4 drives and all the drives but C windows got affected. Now please give me some...
  9. Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden change in all my files docs, media etc. extension. How to get back all my files ?: Hello, After a Windows 10 update on 14 May 2020 UTC+6, all my files are changed to an unknown extension. Upon searching on the internet I found out that it is maybe a ransomware attack. I have 4 drives and all the drives but C windows got affected. Now please give me some...
  10. Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype password change changed all my microsoft passwords?: I hadn't used Skype in a while, so when I logged into it to do a radio show interview, it required a password reset. Evidently, when I reset my Skype password, it also reset my Microsoft account password. Does that mean for all devices? I tried the help desk and got no...