Windows 10: I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work

Discus and support I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have noticed alot of people have this same problem. I find that Microsoft is doing this to make us buy new computers. I change to a city name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BeverlyLaBerdia, May 15, 2019.

1. I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work

I have noticed alot of people have this same problem. I find that Microsoft is doing this to make us buy new computers. I change to a city name and state (abreviated) it won't open? It's getting to the point that I buy a MAC. Clean up your act Bill Gates.

:)

BeverlyLaBerdia, May 15, 2019
  2. skb_990 Win User

my sign in options doesn"t open in settings.

Hii, my sign in options doesn"t open in settings. everything else works fine in settings. i just want to change sign in from password to passcode . It was working very good before. After new update in last month, it stopped working and after update it
    asked me to relogin but did not gave me the option to set 4 digit passcode .

skb_990, May 15, 2019
  3. Jenny105 Win User
    Sign in to desktop - cant sign in using password, Changed password, STILL CANT SIGN IN USING PASSWORD

• I attempted to sign into my Microsoft on my laptop with password. It failed.
    • I tried a 2nd time , there was a clue to the password but it didn't match to what I thought the present password is

I signed in using image . This was fine.

1. I changed my account password and the next day there was a confirmation of the change
    2. I tried to sign in with the password. It didn't work
    3. On second try the same old clue to password came up
    What is happening here ??? I cant change the password at point of password as i have no USB as requested

What password has been changed and why isn't it working to open on my laptop Microsoft account.

Jenny105, May 15, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work

NO Internet - Wlan password change not possible!

Are you seeing your Router in the Wireless Connection list when clicking on the icon in the Notification area? If so, clicking your Router's name in that list should give a choice to connect then enter the password you set in the Router. That routine works also in Linux and Mac OS X, not exactly OS/Operating System specific. The afore-mentioned list will usually show a number of Routers around you, most will have a very low strength and should be passworded or locked.

Berton, May 15, 2019
Thema:

I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work

1. I changed my password on a desktop and first time to sign in it doesn't work - Similar Threads - changed password desktop

2. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed: I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing...
  3. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  4. How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password: How do I change the password I use to sign in to my computer ? Note that I am not referring to my MS account password - I have already changed than. I went to the Control Panel and selected User Accounts. From there I don't see anyway to change to computer sign in...
  5. Difficulty signing into PC unless I change my password every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difficulty signing into PC unless I change my password every time: When I attempt to log on my PC (Windows 10), I enter the first letter of my password and immediately get taken to another screen that directs me to enter my password. I click on "OK" and nothing happens. The only way I can log on is to completely power off, reboot and go...
  6. I can't sign in with my administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't sign in with my administrator password: So whenever the administrator thing pops up where you have to put in the password and stuff it just says no and nothing else, if you could help me solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated. also this problem happens on all accounts. [IMG]...
  7. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change my sign in password to pin: Hi, please help me. I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have tried the steps you say, but with no success at all and Im now totally fed up with trying to change to pin. Please help...
  8. Changing the text shown in first sign-in animation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the text shown in first sign-in animation?: Hi folks, I really like the first sign-in animation of Windows 10 ("Hi ....") and I don't want to deactivate it totally. My forum and google searches did not show me any good results on that since most people just want to switch it off. So I wonder if anyone figured...
  9. How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?: I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me...
  10. Sign-in Options doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in Options doesn't work: In Accounts, when I click Sign-in Options, that text turns darker, indicating selection, but no options appear and I can then select no other choices under Accounts. SFC /SCANNOW shows no integrity violations and my PC is up to date. Any ideas why sign-in options doesn't...