Windows 10: I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my...

Discus and support I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and ran the activation troubleshooter. I clicked on my device because my license key was linked to my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IHaveAGreatIQ, Jul 18, 2019.

1. I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my...

I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and ran the activation troubleshooter. I clicked on my device because my license key was linked to my Microsoft account. But I get this.

I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my... 515eb419-0833-4839-a3a8-4c28ba6e995a?upload=true.png

:)

IHaveAGreatIQ, Jul 18, 2019
  2. JT1969C10 Win User

Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Jul 18, 2019
  3. CalCowher Win User
    WINDOWS 10 PRO CREATOR - BLUETOOTH ERROR

Activity: Power up, i.e. Start

No changes.

Have not installed any drivers.

No troubleshooting steps taken.

Ran suggested Troubleshooter - suggestion was to restart.

Same result.

Thanks for the thoughts ...

CalCowher, Jul 18, 2019
  4. I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my...

Windows 10 not activation after hardware change?

Hello,

I did step 2 and rebooted my PC, but my pc did not appear after i did the Activation> Troubleshoot> Hardware change

slayeRyEyE, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my...

1. I changed my PC hardware and ran the activation troubleshooter but when I click on my... - Similar Threads - changed hardware ran

2. I need activate my Windows after I changed my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need activate my Windows after I changed my PC hardware: For activation, I followed steps but error showing unable to active windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-activate-my-windows-after-i-changed-my-pc/1db68790-f440-44df-abba-1f415a48ca61
  3. I need activate my Windows after I changed my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need activate my Windows after I changed my PC hardware: For activation, I followed steps but error showing unable to active windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-activate-my-windows-after-i-changed-my-pc/1db68790-f440-44df-abba-1f415a48ca61
  4. I need activate my Windows after I changed my PC hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  6. I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my hardware and the Activation Troubleshooter won't give me the "I changed my...: Hi!I have a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU on my home-built desktop PC. I researched what to do before I changed my hardware, and everything made it look easy, saying I just have to run the...
  7. I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.

I can't activate windows. I changed hardware on my device.: I have two laptops: Dell with Windows 10 Home Fujitsu with Windows 10 Pro I replaced HDD in Dell with SSD in Fujitsu. After booting Dell there is a grey text at the bottom right corner “Activate Windows”. When I click on “Troubleshoot“ and then “I changed hardware...
  8. I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I changed my hardware and now Windows 10 won't troubleshoot: So I built an entirely new PC but kept the HDD from my old setup. The problem is that I now need to reactivate Windows, but the troubleshooting won't work. If I could talk to an agent through my PC that would be nice, or if someone could give me an answer. Thanks...
  9. I have changed my hardware, and I tried the troubleshoot but It didn't work.

I have changed my hardware, and I tried the troubleshoot but It didn't work.: The story begin in the early 2018, I have bought a key from eBay. Also about that I had a few issue to activate, because I bought it from the UK, so they activated for me from phone.(I'm from Hungary) And today I changed almost all my hardware, except my HDD(to have my...
  10. Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate

Once if I changed my hardware, my win10 couldn't activate: That's my laptop. Once if I changed my CD-ROM to HDD, windows 10 will say ' the product key you entered doesn't match the hardware profile '. (I've got one SSD as main drive, two another HDDs in my laptop, and each of them working properly.) I just wanna have an extra HDD...