Windows 10: I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up

Discus and support I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to change my resolution because of an in-game issue, I then reverted it because everything was tiny, and now the borders are off screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewLeForge, Jun 23, 2019.

1. I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up

I had to change my resolution because of an in-game issue, I then reverted it because everything was tiny, and now the borders are off screen and because of that I cant even see the minimize or exit button on chrome or anything

:)

AndrewLeForge, Jun 23, 2019

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update Messed Up my Screen Resolution Settings - Why Were The Correct Settings Kicked Out?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 23, 2019
  4. I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up

unable to change to correct screen resolution in windows 7

in PC windows 7, screen resolution is messed up. about 2 inches on the right side is not covered. I Followed step by step to change it but is not working. How do I change it.

LindaRajan, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up

1. I changed my screen resolution, then reverted, and it messed everything up - Similar Threads - changed screen resolution

2. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  3. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  4. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  6. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  7. My Screen resolution is messed up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Screen resolution is messed up...: My 1920x1080p monitor is messed up in some way I don't know how. I've been running it on 1842x1036 for it to work properly but I updated windows recently and it removed that option and when I set the resolution to that in Nvidia Control Panel It no longer fits my screen my...
  8. Messed up Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up Screen Resolution: My entire screen resolution becomes really weird and messed up looks like vertical lines whenever I'm on playing a video on YouTube or in a Zoom meeting, but as soon as I go to another tab or even simply scroll down to the comments section on Youtube, it goes back to normal....
  9. Update Messed up everything, cant revert.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Messed up everything, cant revert.: Recently saw all the posts/news about some Secruity problem and told repeatedly to Update wins10, so for once i did, complete mistake. Games refuse to open, everything i open from jump menu (Steam games, notepad files, etc.) either don't launch or 'bout 3 mins to actually...
  10. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...