Windows 10: I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

Discus and support I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed my user user accounts name in start up has been change but when I go to my this pc On C drive user and open the user account still shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vedad khodadadi, Nov 25, 2022.

1. I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

I changed my user user accounts name in start up has been change but when I go to my this pc On C drive user and open the user account still shows the old user name . My pc runs on windows 11 Please give a advise Thanks

:)

vedad khodadadi, Nov 25, 2022

2. Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c /users it still list John: for example c/users/John and I want to change that to c/users/Jane. I have not been able to figure out how to change the user name to agree with the user name on the c drive. Could someone please explain how you do that on windows 10? Thank you.

Hereathome, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

1. I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all... - Similar Threads - changed user account

2. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder: Hi,I recently reset my windows laptop, and after I made a local account, I think I might've accidentally made a typo. My user name Not in the lock/login screen but under the C:\Users folder was supposed to be called Splash, but instead it shows splas. I tried to rename the...
  3. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder: Hi,I recently reset my windows laptop, and after I made a local account, I think I might've accidentally made a typo. My user name Not in the lock/login screen but under the C:\Users folder was supposed to be called Splash, but instead it shows splas. I tried to rename the...
  4. How to change the user's name under C:\Users folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my user account name but in C drive under user name it hasn't changed and all...: I changed my user user accounts name in start up has been change but when I go to my this pc On C drive user and open the user account still shows the old user name . My pc runs on windows 11 Please give a advise Thanks...
  6. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  7. Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change folder name of "user" under C:/Users/user: I misspelled by name during installation of windows and now i want to change the name of the folder.What is the possible way to do so ?Thank in advance- Sagnik Saha...
  8. Changing the name of user under C:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the name of user under C:\users: Windows 10 ver 20H2 build 19042.928 I just got a refurbished second hand computer and would like to change the user name which is shown under C:\users to one of my own.own liking. Will someone please tell me how, if possible, to do that? Thank you. 179010
  9. changing user name in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  10. C/Users/*name* change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    C/Users/*name* change: I got this new W10 computer and the guy that set it up for me put in 'owner' as the default name, it's what shows up when booting. If I change the name to something that I would rather have, does it affect all the things under the /User/owner/.... folders, so that some...