Windows 10: I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that...

Discus and support I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Support, I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that all MS office icons became blank. But all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nahas_Salahuddin, Mar 1, 2021.

1. I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that...

Hi Support,

I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that all MS office icons became blank. But all programs working.

Icons are showing as white blank file. cannot be verified as word or Excel.

Please help

:)

Nahas_Salahuddin, Mar 1, 2021

2. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 1, 2021
  3. IMD9595 Win User
    Change the user name in Windows 10

In Windows 10, if you hit the winkey +x, or just right click on the windows icon....your steps cannot be followed as there is NO control panel listed. I desperately need to change a user name, but no control panel. And mine
    is local.

IMD9595, Mar 1, 2021
  4. DSD
    DSD Win User

I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that...

Need help with changing name of user profile folder

I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign out and back in again and it didn't work. I think the reason is because Windows created a TEMP user and would log me in under that so there would be a folder named C/User/TEMP and still the original named folder of C/User/myuserfolder.

I found this on the forums here: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

The instructions are very similar to what I have tried. In the above post John W used safe mode. Do I need to go through all the steps again as listed in the post and then go into safe mode, or can I just use safe mode to change the folder name?

Also, are there newer instructions for how to do this with updates to Windows since the above thread was posted over a year ago?

Thanks in advance.

Thema:

I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that...

1. I changed my user profile name from Control panel, C:Users/ and from registry. After that... - Similar Threads - changed user profile

2. I do not see change my user name in the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not see change my user name in the control panel: Hello,I am not able find the option to change user name based on all the threads and articles I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-see-change-my-user-name-in-the-control/ff534fea-0808-4616-9d4e-e95e6054b5bb
  3. I do not see change my user name in the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see change my user name in the control panel: Hello,I am not able find the option to change user name based on all the threads and articles I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-see-change-my-user-name-in-the-control/ff534fea-0808-4616-9d4e-e95e6054b5bb
  4. I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile: Hi!My profile name was sauro and after clean installionation everytime I login with my microsoft account it becomes my default administrator profile, I tried to change it but seems I miss the part where I should put the Profile path - Logon script and Home Path, and the...
  5. I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile

I have tried to change my profile name on C:/users/profile: Hi!My profile name was sauro and after clean installionation everytime I login with my microsoft account it becomes my default administrator profile, I tried to change it but seems I miss the part where I should put the Profile path - Logon script and Home Path, and the...
  6. Change from "User" to my name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  7. Change from "User" to my name

Change from "User" to my name: I sign in with Microsoft as you can see, but I'd like to change my name in files and documents from "User" to something personal. I've read a lot of tutorials on how to do this but none of them worked. I also can't just rename the folder. To clarify, I don't want to change my...
  8. User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Name at C/Users did not change after change user name at the control panel: I've changed my user name on windows 10 on "Control Panel" from ASUS to Syafa Hadyan but, in C/Users the user name not changed [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. How to change My profile name in C:/Users ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change My profile name in C:/Users ?: Hi I'd like to know how to change my name in c:/Users, since it's missing letters and doesn't match my account's. Notes: My account is not local. Windows 10 version: Home Single...
  10. Wrong user name/profile in registry

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wrong user name/profile in registry: Recently changed name of a user account. Thought it was straight forward but I started getting the dreaded "We can not sign into your account" error. Off to the registry, under this user's account, where I noticed the old username with the Temp designation but it wouldn't let...