Windows 10: I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to...

Discus and support I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not understand. please help as I wish to access my oWN documents and to understand why so many people OTHER THSN myself appeared to have access to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EttieA, Apr 19, 2019.

1. EttieA Win User

I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to...

I do not understand. please help as I wish to access my oWN documents and to understand why so many people OTHER THSN myself appeared to have access to my work? Ettie A

:)

EttieA, Apr 19, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Second user account access to files (documents, pictures) as on primary user account with WIndows 10

Hi,

Groups or users that are granted Full Control permission for a folder can delete files and subfolders within that folder, regardless of the permissions that protect the files and subfolders. If the check boxes under Permissions for <User or Group> are shaded
    or if the Remove button is unavailable, the file or folder has inherited permissions from the parent folder. When adding a new user or group, by default, this user or group will have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read permissions.

Setting File and Folder Permissions

To set permissions for files and folders, follow these steps:

• In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.

• From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab, shown in Figure 13-12.

• Users or groups that already have access to the file or folder are listed in the Name list box. You can change permissions for these users and groups by doing the following:

• Select the user or group you want to change.

• Use the Permissions list box to grant or deny access permissions.
      Tip Inherited permissions are shaded. If you want to override an inherited permission, select the opposite permission.

• To set access permissions for additional users, contacts, computers, or groups, click Add. This displays the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box shown in Figure 13-13.

I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to... IC45683.gif

Figure 13-12: Use the Security tab to configure basic permissions for the file or folder.

• Use the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box to select the users, computers, or groups for which you want to set access permissions. You can use the fields of this dialog box as follows:

• Look In This drop-down list box allows you to access account names from other domains. Click Look In to see a list of the current domain, trusted domains, and other resources that you can access. Select
        Entire Directory to view all the account names in the folder.

• Name This column shows the available accounts of the currently selected domain or resource.

• Add This button adds selected names to the selection list.

• Check Names This button validates the user, contact, and group names entered into the selection list. This is useful if you type names in manually and want to make sure they're available.

• In the Name list box, select the user, computer, or group you want to configure, and then use the fields in the Permissions area to allow or deny permissions. Repeat for other users, computers, or groups.

• Click OK when you're finished.

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 19, 2019
  4. mayhem9 Win User

I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to...

Mail for Exchange Feature Request: Access Point Group usage

Like Diebagger, I have an E65 with latest firmware, 2.9 Exchange client, and an accesss group defined. The access group works with Web browsing with "always ask" (I can then select it) but if I chose "user selected", it has only individual access points
    (no groups listed). With M4E, there is no "always ask" option and the access point selection list does not have any of my access point groups. What am I missing?

(Also note to Nokia, the download site has release notes for 2.9, but the user guide and FAQ is 2.7... some help here would be appreciated)

mayhem9, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I changed settings in Select Users & groups. Now unable to access anything and am asked to... - Similar Threads - changed settings Select

2. I am unable to access "Virus and Protection" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to access "Virus and Protection" settings: I was trying to access my Virus and Threat Protection settings and its not letting me get there. It keeps saying this"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT help...
  3. I am unable to access "Virus and Protection" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to access "Virus and Protection" settings: I was trying to access my Virus and Threat Protection settings and its not letting me get there. It keeps saying this"Page not available - Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT help...
  4. Why am I unable to change my username in windows 11 user settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to change my username in windows 11 user settings?: I'm an administrator of my PC but yet when I go to "User Account" section in control panel and select my profile, there's no option through which I could change my username.I literally bought my new pc a few days ago, and while setting up my profile creating Microsoft account...
  5. Why am I unable to change my username in windows 11 user settings?

Why am I unable to change my username in windows 11 user settings?: I'm an administrator of my PC but yet when I go to "User Account" section in control panel and select my profile, there's no option through which I could change my username.I literally bought my new pc a few days ago, and while setting up my profile creating Microsoft account...
  6. I am unable to delete Oracle user groups in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to delete Oracle user groups in Windows 11.: I need to delete the user groups created by the OUI Oracle Universal Installer, but when I open the local user and groups application using lusrmgr.exe in run, it shows this-Please help.. thanks....
  7. I am unable to delete Oracle user groups in Windows 11.

I am unable to delete Oracle user groups in Windows 11.: I need to delete the user groups created by the OUI Oracle Universal Installer, but when I open the local user and groups application using lusrmgr.exe in run, it shows this-Please help.. thanks....
  8. I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am Administrator but unable to Change Settings: I am administrator on a personal computer but I can't change account settings or access admin center. It says I'm not authorised to use this page.[Original Title: Administrator]...
  9. Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access Users & Groups in Windows 10 Home: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? ***Modified title from: Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"***...
  10. Unable to access task manager after changing group policy for recovery settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access task manager after changing group policy for recovery settings: I found a new policy for 1803 that hides certain pages of PC settings. I want to remove access to advanced startup, so I blocked Recovery through the GPO with "hide: Recovery." This worked fine, but I then realized that Task Manager was completely blocked from access even by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users groups do not show anything