Windows 10: I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't...

Discus and support I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What can I do to fix this? submitted by /u/Tristan_Dean_Foss [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tristan_Dean_Foss, May 27, 2020.

1. I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't...

/u/Tristan_Dean_Foss, May 27, 2020
  2. Gokul GR Win User

Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

But the problem is whenever I click the properties of Downloads
    folder, it is showing the properties dialog box of E-drive partition. How could I solve this?

Gokul GR, May 27, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 27, 2020
  4. I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't...

Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

Hey all.

I changed the Download folder location from my OS Drive (C:\) to my (F:\) drive. However, even after making this change, items are still being downloaded into the C drive, and cannot be found on the folder assigned for the downloads in my F drive.

Am I missing something? The location is changed when I view the properties for the download folder, but there is still a Downloads Folder under C:\users\name\downloads that my downloads are being routed to instead. This is just a regular folder called downloads which cannot be deleted or have its location modified.

Thanks for the help!

Supertaquito, May 27, 2020
Thema:

I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't...

1. I changed the drive location of my downloads folder, but when I download stuff, I can't... - Similar Threads - changed drive location

2. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  3. Can't change downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change downloads folder location: I reinstalled Windows 11 and I changed the location of my Downloads folder to OneDrive. I meant to changed it to OneDrive/Downloads, but mistakenly set it to my OneDrive. I am now unable to change the location in the Properties. Is there an alternative method?...
  4. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  5. changing the location of the downloads folder?

changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  6. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSEDAND BEFORE I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO THE FILE I CHANGED IT INTO DESKTOP PLEASE HELP ALL MY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS WERE THERE IM...
  7. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-downloads-location-to-a-folder-and/a9b7f0ed-671e-4424-858e-6385761b31af
  8. I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE

I CHANGED THE DOWNLOADS LOCATION TO A FOLDER AND MY ENTIRE DESKTOP IS GONE: I CANT GET MY DESKTOP BACK BECAUSE WHEN I DO CTRL Z IT SAYS THE FOLDER IS NO LONGER FOUNDIS MY ENTIRE DESKTOP GONE FOREVER???IM SO CONFUSED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-downloads-location-to-a-folder-and/a9b7f0ed-671e-4424-858e-6385761b31af
  9. When I try to change the download location on W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to change the download location on W10: When I try to change the default are to download apps it tells me I have already got apps installed there from another device and I will need to delete them. I already have games on my d drive and don't want to lose them but I don't know what it means about "From another...
  10. Why does my automatic download location not change when I make a new "Downloads" folder???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my automatic download location not change when I make a new "Downloads" folder???: It shows as the real download folder, but still goes to the original, C:\users\[redacted]\downloads. Please help me... Also I'm new here, I'm just assuming I can ask tech support questions here. Windows 10 isn't really my forte but DOS/Windows 98-XP are now obsolete so oh...