Windows 10: I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

Discus and support I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I changed the location of "downloads from C;Users;_ownername_;Downloads to F drive Right click downloads->properties->location->Move->F drive. Now, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdmilTomans, May 29, 2021.

1. I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

I changed the location of "downloads from C;Users;_ownername_;Downloads to F drive Right click downloads->properties->location->Move->F drive. Now, I want to change it to the default locationC;Users;_ownername_;Downloads. But i cant do it now. It shows like that in the picture.Also, now when i open C;Users, I cant see the folder with Ownername. What can i do now?

:)

EdmilTomans, May 29, 2021

2. Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

Hey all.

I changed the Download folder location from my OS Drive (C:\) to my (F:\) drive. However, even after making this change, items are still being downloaded into the C drive, and cannot be found on the folder assigned for the downloads in my F drive.

Am I missing something? The location is changed when I view the properties for the download folder, but there is still a Downloads Folder under C:\users\name\downloads that my downloads are being routed to instead. This is just a regular folder called downloads which cannot be deleted or have its location modified.

Thanks for the help!

Supertaquito, May 29, 2021
  3. Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Thanks - but that didn't work.

I only get the Locations tab on when picking the Downloads folder Properties
    I want to make the default.
    ...on my Data drive.

However, the C:\ drive 'Downloads' folder does NOT have the locations tab under Properties and this is the one I want to either merge with the Data Drive folder, or ensure that this is NOT the main Downloads folder....

Cheers.

Flash_Gordon_2016, May 29, 2021
  4. I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

If the location tab shows up for "Downloads" folder in your data drive, it implies that the "Downloads" shell folder is already relocated to your data drive (which exactly is what you wanted). Then all you need to do is
    move the contents of your Downloads folder from C:\ to the one in your data drive, and delete the empty Downloads folder after making sure everything has been moved.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 29, 2021
Thema:

I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its...

1. I changed the Location of Downloads folder in C drive to F drive and now I cant reset its... - Similar Threads - changed Location Downloads

2. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  3. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  4. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally changed location of downloads to drive f/: without creating a folder. Now...

I accidentally changed location of downloads to drive f/: without creating a folder. Now...: PLZ HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-changed-location-of-downloads-to/1ca44b69-6889-4b4a-973b-e329ee645ac0
  6. I accidentally changed location of downloads to drive f/: without creating a folder. Now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally changed location of downloads to drive f/: without creating a folder. Now...: PLZ HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-changed-location-of-downloads-to/1ca44b69-6889-4b4a-973b-e329ee645ac0
  7. I accidentally changed location of downloads to drive f/: without creating a folder. Now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Started downloading a game in C: Drive, changed drive and now I cant install it: Okay so I just bought the Ultra game pass and tried to install a game. It said I dont have enough space on my C: Drive, so I changed it so Apps download automatically in the D: Drive. Now whenever I try to install the game it still says I dont have enough space, even though I...
  9. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  10. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...: Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the...