Windows 10: I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

Discus and support I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FakeWasStole ., Dec 3, 2023.

1. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc

:)

FakeWasStole ., Dec 3, 2023

2. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

Boot into Windows RE and try the commands posted in the article Windows won’t load after changing MSCONFIG Boot Options

If you need step-by-step help, boot into WinRE command Prompt and run:

bcdedit

Take a photo of the output window and upload the image here.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Msconfig not keeping changes

Hello William,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the application/program that you're having issues with?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Start your PC in safe mode. Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open
    Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start
    button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select
    Settings

2. Select Update & security > Recovery

3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.

4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
    Startup Settings > Restart.

5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
    or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
    5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

6. During safe mode, press Windows key + R, then type
    msconfig and press Enter.

7. In the System Configuration window, go to
    General
    tab.

8. Uncheck the box for Load startup items. Click
    Apply
    and click OK to save changes.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest creating a new administrator account. Refer to the steps in this
    article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 3, 2023
  4. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

Msconfig Won't Save Changes

I'm trying to change msconfig to Normal Startup but it won't save the changes. Fixes that I've tried:

• Creating a new admin account.
    • Saving the changes in safe.
    • Enabling start up services.
    I've been getting GPU driver crashes and this could be the cause of it.

Graeme_984, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

1. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start. - Similar Threads - changed msconfig wont

2. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  3. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  4. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  5. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  6. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.: I already tried the bcdedit /deletevalue numproc and bcdedit /deletevalue truncatememory both resulting in an error that it can't be deleted because it's not found..I also can't reset my computer which is still not my preferred solution because of personal filesbecause it...
  8. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.: I already tried the bcdedit /deletevalue numproc and bcdedit /deletevalue truncatememory both resulting in an error that it can't be deleted because it's not found..I also can't reset my computer which is still not my preferred solution because of personal filesbecause it...
  9. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

10. MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor

MSConfig safemode - Now pc wont communicate with monitor: Hello, Hello, I have a self built computer which has been running fine and uses Windows 10. I wanted to install a new graphics card and thought I needed to put the pc in safe mode. I typed msconfig, chose Boot tab and then safemode Normal. When I rebooted, the machine turns...